cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SCAMS STILL EXIST FROM CRAIGSLIST CAR SELLERS WHO CLAIM THEY ARE MILITARY!!! (Copy of email 9/17/17)

Today at 2:09 PMLet me explain the entire procedure.The car is located at Military Logistics Department in Topeka, KS, headquarters ready for shipping. Like i told, the car is in perfect condition with clear title, no liens or loans. All the documents including the title and the bill of sale with my signature on it, will come along with the car and it will take no more than 2-3 days to arrive at your address.The transaction will be made thru eBay’s Buyer Protection Program because they can protect both of us and they also offer 5 days inspection period. You’ll have 5 days to inspect, test and drive the car before decided to keep it or not. If the car is not like I described, you’ll ship it back on my expense and they will give you a full refund. eBay will hold the funds until you receive the car with all the paperwork. Only after you confirm them that you wanna keep the car they will release me the funds. In this way, you will be able to inspect it before committing to buy it.I need to know if you are still interested, so I can ask eBay to send you the details on this deal. If you are interested, please include in the next email your contact information for eBay (full name, shipping address and phone number), so we can get the ball rolling.Thanks, hope to do business with you soon. 

Message 1 of 22
latest reply
21 REPLIES 21

SCAMS STILL EXIST FROM CRAIGSLIST CAR SELLERS WHO CLAIM THEY ARE MILITARY!!! (Copy of email 9/17/17)

[Gasp!] No! Does anyone else know about this? 😮

Message 2 of 22
latest reply

I am shocked. Shocked I say. 

Message 3 of 22
latest reply

Yes, unfortunately those scammers use the military to try to

steal a person's money. The sad thing is, people actually fall for it.

Message 4 of 22
latest reply

What kind of car? How much? We need more details.

Message 5 of 22
latest reply

I remember this scam from a few years ago. So I felt funny about this deal so I googled scams crom craigslist and found this forum. Lots of ppl have experienced it. Its sad. I reported this to internet crimes and I tried to flag it on craigslist. I told her I would report her. I hope she removed the ad.

Message 6 of 22
latest reply

Its a Buick Century for $500. They said nothing is wrong with it. Sent a lot of pics. Reminded me of the first time this happened when I bought a car last year. Same exact scam

This is why I googled it this time.

Message 7 of 22
latest reply

Nobody is going to pull a scam for a lousy $500.

Message 8 of 22
latest reply

@perscana wrote:

Its a Buick Century for $500. They said nothing is wrong with it. Sent a lot of pics. Reminded me of the first time this happened when I bought a car last year. Same exact scam

This is why I googled it this time.

Aren't you ashamed of yourself? This nice person wants to sell you a car, for less than what it will cost to ship it to you, and they're even willing to let you have it for a few days to inspect it, and then even pay to ship it back again if you don't want it; and you won't send them a lousy $500 iTunes gift card? For shame! 😉

Message 9 of 22
latest reply

The operative phrase is "preaching to the choir.......".

There's only one reason those scams exist and one reason only.

The sucker pool is deep. Very, very, very deep. Apparently 40% of the population are gullible dupes and as long as that 40% keeps buying their own rope to hang themselves with the scams will continue without letup.

None of that 40% gets one molecule of sympathy from me.

Message 10 of 22
latest reply

I wonder if they would work with a person if they asked about doing a monthly payment plan? Hundred bucks a month, after they delivered car, they keep title until it's paid off.

Message 11 of 22
latest reply

He forgot to ad it's in Ebay warehouse #19 in Erie, Pa and the car is being flown in by a C-130!

Message 12 of 22
latest reply

I've contacted a few of these clowns by email and told them that I so desperately wanted the vehicle that I would gladly show up the next day and would hand them a grand extra cash in hand just to seal the deal. I also told them they would not have to mess with shipping or worry about standing behind the sale.

They could have the cold hard cash and I'd be gone in 5 minutes.

Not a single response........go figure.

Message 13 of 22
latest reply

@ripsmc wrote:

I've contacted a few of these clowns by email and told them that I so desperately wanted the vehicle that I would gladly show up the next day and would hand them a grand extra cash in hand just to seal the deal.

Maybe they thought you were a scammer, offering a grand extra.Smiley LOL

Message 14 of 22
latest reply

Done that too, did get a response on one that it had been sold. I did find it relisted for sale, sent off the same offer again, ad disapppeared, noi reply.

Message 15 of 22
latest reply