cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PayPal funds clearance

Soooooooo, after selling a car on Ebay, buyer pays deposit and I create invoice for remaining payment . Buyer pays promptly and I prep documents and bill of sale for transaction. 

Outside of waiting 21 days for money to clear, how does Paypal release funds as it is a requirement before I ship or release vehicle

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Re: PayPal funds clearance

saturday-morning-tv
Thrill-Seeker

You will have to wait.

Taking PayPal for the deposit is one thing but taking PayPal for the balance is not recommended. You have no way of proving you “delivered” the car to the buyer.

Personally, for me it’s cash only. Maybe a postal m/o.

"Hey, hey, hey, hey-now. Don't be mean; we don't have to be mean, cuz, remember, no matter where you go, there you are" - Buckaroo Banzai
Message 2 of 4
latest reply

The Merc? https://www.ebay.com/itm/1962-Mercury-Meteor-Custom-/123385789039?nordt=true&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_t... take Paypal for anything but the deposit. Technically buyers can't do a chargeback on vehicles but you will go through hoops trying to get your money if the buyer does. I was going to say, What happens when the buyer brings the car home and the wife says, no way? but you already addressed that in the description.

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

Other than the couple of extra doors that's a very pretty car IMO.

Message 4 of 4
latest reply