Motors
Check out our tips and strategies for buying and selling all things auto.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

What if eBay Motors?

Wanted to disrupt the online car selling industry?Some sites allow you to shop around for a vehicle, some allow you to review your experiences. What if you could do both on eBay Motors?What if eBay Motors would take it a step further?Requiring to pos...

honda cl 175 voltage rectifier

Hi Here is a question about battery charging. Recently I replaced the voltage rectifier with a new one because I have had charging problems. I also replaced the old battery with a new one.Starting the motor I measured with a digital voltmeter the vol...

Scam Ebay Motors

So my 19yr old son just got scammed on Ebay Motors....I don't have all the full details yet. He purchased a truck off someone use Ebay gift cards to pay and now is out the money. Don't know how he found out he was scammed or what happened but my ques...

And other sellers seeing a huge hit in traffic? Sales? Key words?

So I use to be on ebay years ago and sold cars for a dealership, we were pretty high volume so I like to think I know a little about ebay. I have come back on my own and have sold a few cheap cars in the last 6 months. What I can not understand is th...

How to list 1988 Peugeot 505 Turbo 4 door sedan for parts of restoration and where should i list it?

How to list 1988 Peugeot 505 Turbo 4 door sedan for parts of restoration and where should i list it?That is how should I list it for sale in Antique since it is an 1988 model or should I list it in salvage parts and restoration because it was rear en...

User avatar by Explorer
  • 4 replies
  • 0 helpful

Troubleshooting for a friend, heat and AC

So she says "How come my vents blow cool air at a stop but when I am moving I get warm air?". This is in Canuckistan, late fall, when, heat is a good thing.I start running through trouble shooting, and then, she says "This has been happening for a ye...

What is bead catalyst? Interesting jar.......

What drew me to this little jar is that it is Calso. I'm in New Jersey and if you find anything, its most likely Esso. I'm just not sure what exaclty bead catalyst is? Is it automotive? Where would you put it? What does it do? I couldn't find another...

Compatibility Chart not valid

I sell center caps & hubcaps. The recent changes made in the compatibility chart is telling buyers (or leading them to assume ) that by entering the vehicle, make model , year all items generated by the search results are guaranteed to fit. Some part...

Parting out a 1990 Honda Civic

I roached the engine in the old Honda, thinking to part the car out.What parts do you think would be good sellers.I will pull the brain box, and the light fixtures.Any other parts that you can think of ?

seller misrepresentation, not titled owner

I won a car bid, paid a deposit only to find out the seller misrepresented himself as the titled owner but is not. He has never transfered the car title from the previous owner. I could not get financing because of this so I backed out of the deal. T...

Can't use cash on the bridges in New York city?

Delivering a car to Long Island tomorrow so I check the toll over the Verrazzano–Narrows bridge. $11.52 for EZ Pass. Jesus Christ! But I don't have EZ Pass so it's $17 by mail. JHC! So there are no toll takers anymore? When did that happen? Doesn't s...

User avatar by Guide
  • 9 replies
  • 1 helpful

eBay Motors Part Compatibility

Up to recently I've been able to add mutiple vehicles to vehicle compatibiltie. I go in today and its changed. It will not allow me to ADD another vehicle. It only give me one option. Any help would be awesome! I attached a screen shot. This part I'm...

Ebay transaction customer service numbers

Before I give bank draft information I was told to contact ebay by following numbers 408-516-4540 or 818-338-6151 and someone would walk me thru the draft process for my transaction------------I am purchasing a MotorhomePlease advise as to whether th...

User avatar by Enthusiast
  • 5 replies
  • 0 helpful

I anyone here?

Not even a "I been scammed and I'm gonna sue" thread?

Impounded car advice

This is Fairfax county Virginia. Lady asked me for advice so posting here. She has a spare car parked on the street with legal tags but expired inspection sticker because it's not currently running. It was impounded a few days ago. Fees more than car...

User avatar by Guide
  • 17 replies
  • 1 helpful
Most Marked as Helpful Authors