cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEED HELP WITH FINDING A SHIPPER AND WHAT TO WATCH OUT FOR?

Here is the story my Mother and Father bought a new Dodge Dart 2 dr hard top in 1976, they gave it to my oldest sister in the 80's, fast forward to the 2000's she always kept it in a garage, so never in the outside weather  I was finaly able to convince her to put in her will in writing that the car was to go to me upon her death, so kids and grand kids could not get there hands on it, the car is special to me as my folks bought it new.  I just found out this weekend she is in hospice now dying with pantriactic cancer, that is death sentance, and it very ripidly spread every where, I doubt if she will live past mid July.

Here is my question, what can I expect to pay to get it here. From Lincoln Nebraska to Edgewood New Mexico, Basically Albuquerque New Mexico, I have been on the net, and it looks to be 800 to 900 dollars, door to door, the car runs fine, it only has 49,000 org miles on it, I will most likely need a shipper in a couple of months after every thing begins to settle down. Any recomendations as who I should hire? And what to watch out for? When I was selling most of my coolection on ebay in 2010, all that was taken care of by the buyer, so I never had to deal with that.....Thanks in advance for any insight you can give me......Da Nut

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Re: NEED HELP WITH FINDING A SHIPPER AND WHAT TO WATCH OUT FOR?

$800-900 seems right to me.
Message 2 of 4
latest reply

Have the vehicle photographed and insured before it is transported.  Buy your own insurance regardless of what the shipper says he/she has.

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

I extend my deepest sympathies to your sister's loved ones.

Enjoy your car.

Message 4 of 4
latest reply