cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is this a car thing?

What is this thing? When I do an internet search something called a Pines  Winterfront shutter comes up......a car part. The ads for it have all the key words....pines, positive, and protection.....just not all together like this. It’s heavy brass. I found pines Winterfront company, but nothing that looks like this comes up. Any ideas? Thanks!

BF761141-5088-451E-BE98-B6DFF61AA5FC.jpegE908BB93-24ED-4764-A8D8-42DBE544321D.jpegC35EBD58-B1C0-43D2-81D2-FCB7836A4302.jpeg4353DD3E-54B5-4821-BF3C-C3DD44E2F0D7.jpeg

Message 1 of 10
latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

Re: Is this a car thing?

First half fast guess would be a brass placard for an ancient home security system. Positive protection!

But if you are getting keywords like winterfront and shutter I'd suspect home window shutters. Perhaps the positive protection is against cold, wind, and storms.

The brass plaque was just to show your neighbors how ritzy and high end you are. In case they didn't already notice. 

That's my guess, but I'm just making stuff up based on what you've said. It doesn't look like or make sense as any car part to me. Unless it's for a Canadian model, then it could be something like a hockey puck deflector.

Message 2 of 10
latest reply

Not a Pines winterfront if it fits in your hand, as indicated in your pics.  A winterfront is the size of your radiator.

Message 3 of 10
latest reply

I'm in the room.
Message 4 of 10
latest reply

My first thought was similar to Johnny's- It reminds me of a handle for an old alarm box or something. Ya know: "In case of polar bear, lift handle" [Then a bottle of Moosehead is dispensed, with a recorded voice that says "Cheers, eh?"]

Message 5 of 10
latest reply

I am still in the room.
Message 6 of 10
latest reply

@mr.elmwood wrote:
I am still in the room.

The padded one? Go outside!

Message 7 of 10
latest reply