cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inaccurate Descriptions

Every time I surf through the Motors listing I am more and more proud of the way that I have done business of the years.

I ran across a listing today where the seller describes the vehicle as "IMMACULATE" in the header line. Upon closer inspection, the car has a repaint and some of the exterior trim is missing.  This was plastic trim that by now on an 1985 model cannot be replaced.

Looking further over the listing, I see missing parts in the interior as well as what looks like mildew in the door jambs.  I can't believe that someone gives the car a repaint and doesn't at least clean the door jambs.  That's maybe another 90 minutes of effort with a sponge and brush.

I messaged the seller and told them that a more accurate description would be "lipstick on a pig", not "IMMACULATE".

I have never overstated the condition of vehicles and wouldn't call a car immaculate and then detail all of the missing pieces.

Dishonest.

Message 1 of 2
latest reply
1 REPLY 1

Inaccurate Descriptions

I saw an ad on CL last night for a zero turn mower, which said "Looks like new!!". You could tell just from the THUMBNAIL pic (without even clicking on the actual ad) that there was rust and scrapes and dull paint/plastic. It looked FAR from new....

Imagine if I had looked at the bigger pics?

Imagine seeing the item in person?!

I like those kinds of ads- it alerts one to the fact that the seller is a liar...or crazy.

2 kinds of ads are good:

Ones that are real honest.

Ones that are blatant lies.

It's the ones which are somewhere in the middle that you have to watch for, as you don't know what you're dealing with there.

Message 2 of 2
latest reply