cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I got a new project

I couldn't afford  a station wagon so I got a 1969 Plymouth, Project. Needs a ignition switch, the brakes gone thru and finish the dual exhaust system. Looks like a granny car but its got the v-8 with an over sized cam, headers, dual exhaust and a 4 barrel carb.Bruce.

Message 1 of 20
latest reply
19 REPLIES 19

I got a new project

Kewl. Needs shag carpet and dingle balls. 

Was this originally V8 or was that swapped in?

Message 2 of 20
latest reply

I got a new project

I like it! (And I'm not even a Moper[sic] fan).

I love plain-jane sedans of that era. Wouldn't mind driving that myself! Not flashy, but looks like a good driver, which IMO, is what it's all about.

Message 3 of 20
latest reply

I got a new project

Anonymous
Not applicable

All I can say is Beep! Beep!

Mrs Arkie and I had a '69 Roadrunner when we first got married 39 years ago.   Now at our age, we would appreciate the two extra doors!  You did good, Bruce!

Message 4 of 20
latest reply

I got a new project

Bruce, it looks really nice...

Message 5 of 20
latest reply

I got a new project

I am not sure Stu.  Bruce.

Message 6 of 20
latest reply

I got a new project

Thanks Arkie.Do you still have your 56 chevy?Thanks Bruce.

Message 7 of 20
latest reply

I got a new project

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, still have the Nomad and the '40.  Driving them both regularly.

Message 8 of 20
latest reply

I got a new project

Kewl' !!!! May even be better than a wagon. Clean !!
Message 9 of 20
latest reply

I got a new project

I prefer the Mercedes E-class V8.  Much more power per cubic inch and much better fuel economy.  Overall much better car.

Message 10 of 20
latest reply

I got a new project

Pfffft! Yeah Tony, meanwhile, when a few of the plastic pieces on that Benz break or a few of the 78 different computer modules take a dump, it'll cost more to replace them than what Bruce paid for that whole car.....

Message 11 of 20
latest reply

I got a new project

Not a big Mopar fan, but I'd take the Mopar over a MB any day. Mercedes quality is not what it used to be, many other luxury vehicles that put MB to shame for much less money.

Message 12 of 20
latest reply

I got a new project

I got the new ignition switch in and she fired right up but, when I pushed the switch thru the dash board I found out the bezal was too big to hold it in place.I will find something to hold it in place. Before I got to work today I am going to pull all 4 wheels off and see what it need in brakes since she had been sitting. Thanks Bruce.

Message 13 of 20
latest reply

I got a new project

That's a gorgeous car and normally I'm not a fan of 4 doors. Cool; deck pins too.

Message 14 of 20
latest reply

I got a new project

I pulled all 4 wheels. I found out there a new starter on it while I was under the car.New brakes on the front, new wheel cylinders also and new rubber brake hoses.The rear brakes were ok. The system just needed bleeding. I am still looking for the right ignition switch , then get rear tail pipes made for it.The front floor pans have no rust and neither does the trunk.I got lucky on this one.PS. 4 new tires too.Bruce.

Message 15 of 20
latest reply