cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hello! Any RV sellers? Need some seasoned guidance :)

Hello everyone! 

I would like to ask a few questions to anyone whom sold RVS (classA). Im considering putting my fathers up but many people say its not worth it due to ebay fees or whatever. 

ThankYou in advance 

Message 1 of 24
latest reply
23 REPLIES 23

Re: Hello! Any RV sellers? Need some seasoned guidance :)

@4freebird03 wrote:
Wowzers

I used to say that! It was a hard habit to break (When you're a 56 year-old straight bachelor...you want to break that habit 🙂 )....well, I guess I'll be stuck with it again for the next 10 or 20 years.

Yes though=- what Mr. Canookwood said. Just be careful for the scammers on any venue...like the ones who want to send you "a cashiers check" for more than the amount of the selling price...or the ones sending the phony emails "from PayPal" saying that the money is in your account 😉

I think you'll do well. Just what you posted here is more than half the people put in their ads- between that, and if you take a BUNCH of good pics, inside and out, you should get as much as one of those thig-a-ma-jigs will bring- probably more than we used to get for 'em (My client, despite my endless haranging, was never too thorough on pics and descriptions- If I could pry "No leaks and no funny smells" out of him, we were doing well!).

@mr.elmwood

$56K?! Dear goodness! Real multi-colored Maple-leaf emblazened Canadian credit?

Message 16 of 24
latest reply

High quality listings like LBJ says.

One guy here, ATIKOVI, does the best vehicle listings you will ever see. His listings are legendary. 200 pictures. Detailed, DETAILED descriptions. 

Message 17 of 24
latest reply

Someone say Fleetwood Southwind? Got one of those, an '88. Been sitting on it 5 years now, never seem to have the time to get it together.

1.JPG

Message 18 of 24
latest reply

Be ready any year now?

Message 19 of 24
latest reply

Hope so.

Message 20 of 24
latest reply

@atikovi wrote:

Someone say Fleetwood Southwind? Got one of those, an '88. Been sitting on it 5 years now, never seem to have the time to get it together.

1.JPG

In this area, the older RVs like yours Ati sit for ages too and are listed on CL for $2995.00. Most of them are in immaculate condition. There are some people that will buy them for around $1200 just for the big block engines and transmissions.

They strip the good stuff out of them and sell it then take the body, frame and other metal to the scrap yard. Average mileage on them is around 75K. A couple of others in my car club will buy them at the auction dirt cheap, clean them up and use them for their personal RVs.

Message 21 of 24
latest reply

Old RVs and old boats....harder to sell than used underwear, and don't bring as much.....

Amazingly though, people will travel for a good clean old RV, like Ati's or the OP's, if advertised nationally, like on here.  They'll still go cheap...but they usually sell fast, 'cause it's hard to find older ones that are actually usable.

Message 22 of 24
latest reply

Like I asked way at the top, do they want to sell it, or "I know what it is worth"?

If they want to sell it, it will go away, it will be gone POOF!

If they go for what it is worth, our OP is gong to inherit it.

Message 23 of 24
latest reply

i need those people. Its a one ower RV
Message 24 of 24
latest reply