cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Facebook Scams are back in droves

Tonight, Marketplace is being flooded with vehicle scams again, and I mean 100s an hour. The scams are mostly being intercepted, but the battle is intense, some times one scam will get through but it's amazing to see scambots fighting detectbots. Every Marketplace screen refresh reveals several more new ones, then the scam listings are gone the next screen, replaced by more scams. Wow

So get ready for more reports of ebay motors scams. 

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

It is so sad to have to tell them their money is gone.  I just don't understand why people fall for it when it is obviously too good to be true.  Who provides pictures of the front and back of any card?!?

evry1nositswindy  •  seller since 2013
Volunteer Community Mentor

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

Even engines. FB here shows a 1966 Chrysler Street Hemi complete, ready to drop in with dual 4s and all accessories.....only 300 dollars. Add a couple more zeros and it would be realistic.

Since the sucker pool has no bottom I'm sure a number of people have already taken the bait.

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

Flooded, no doubt, because these scams are so successful. Theres probably a scammer hotline and word gets around.

``````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

“Never pick a fight with an ugly person. They don’t have anything to lose.” ~Robin Williams
Message 4 of 5
latest reply

"Who provides pictures of the front and back of any card?"  Evidently, quite a few people, judging from what we see reported here.  And we  have to remember that there are countless poor souls who don't even come here and ask about it.  

PT Barnum is quoted as saying, "There's a sucker born every minute."  Seems like the birth rate could be increasing.  

Message 5 of 5
latest reply