cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FRAUD

Be warned of anyone trying to purchase a 1989 Porsche Turbo from a seller. He does not have the title under his name, and is listing the car to obtain people's deposits. He told me that he never had the title changed over, and that he did not have a dealer's license. He therefore does not have legal right to sell car. 

BUYERS BEWARE. 

Message 1 of 18
latest reply
17 REPLIES 17

Re: FRAUD

@autopartspuller wrote:

@marinermikes wrote:

I just did one from Michigan to Pa.  I went and picked the car and title up. The owner was not present when I changed it over. Pa. required a photo copy of the person who's name is on the title. That's Pa.

If you were to end up with the car you would need a copy of the person drivers license who's name is on the title or your not getting a title. Once again, that's Pennsylvania.

You would need to find out what your state requires and then find out if the seller can produce every thing before you finish paying for the car.

I would not sell a car that way but it's been done many a time.

PA is required to obey the laws of the state it's titled in.  I grew up there and have actually sold a car to my brother who lives north of Pittsburgh.  They didnt require a copy of my Driver's license to change over a title. That being said, it's the DMV.   If they want to be a pain for some reason, they will be and you will certainly have to jump through some hoops to get the person at the DMV to actually obey the law.  Some states will really drag things out when you purchase from certain states.  I know this first hand also.  I have had to pop my head into my Attorney's office a couple times to deal with the DMV.

Your brother must live close to me. Yep all I needed was a copy of the sellers drivers license. This was a little over a year ago. I've been going to this title place that's right next to the DMV in Chippewa Pa.

Message 16 of 18
latest reply

@marinermikes wrote:

@autopartspuller wrote:

@marinermikes wrote:

I just did one from Michigan to Pa.  I went and picked the car and title up. The owner was not present when I changed it over. Pa. required a photo copy of the person who's name is on the title. That's Pa.

If you were to end up with the car you would need a copy of the person drivers license who's name is on the title or your not getting a title. Once again, that's Pennsylvania.

You would need to find out what your state requires and then find out if the seller can produce every thing before you finish paying for the car.

I would not sell a car that way but it's been done many a time.

PA is required to obey the laws of the state it's titled in.  I grew up there and have actually sold a car to my brother who lives north of Pittsburgh.  They didnt require a copy of my Driver's license to change over a title. That being said, it's the DMV.   If they want to be a pain for some reason, they will be and you will certainly have to jump through some hoops to get the person at the DMV to actually obey the law.  Some states will really drag things out when you purchase from certain states.  I know this first hand also.  I have had to pop my head into my Attorney's office a couple times to deal with the DMV.

Your brother must live close to me. Yep all I needed was a copy of the sellers drivers license. This was a little over a year ago. I've been going to this title place that's right next to the DMV in Chippewa Pa.

OMG. Small world!!   I almost went to Geneva.  Got accepted but, was offered a scholarship closer to home.  Brother Lives in East Brady, PA.  Not sure if he went to Butler or Clarion to do the title but it was a few years ago.

Message 17 of 18
latest reply

Boated Brady's Bend many a time!

Message 18 of 18
latest reply