cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ebay guaranteed it would fit

How do I return something ebay guarantees to fit?

Message 1 of 13
latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

Re: Ebay guaranteed it would fit

I file a dispute with my credit card carrier and also notify the seller that the item does not fit.  In my recent experience, a seller will debate whether it "fits" to wiggle out of the return, thus, I leverage the situation with the credit card dispute, as well. 

Message 2 of 13
latest reply

Go to your purchase history and click return item and select, the item doesn't match the description as the reason.
The seller will have 3 days to accept the return and pay return shipping or refund without returning.
If they don't, return to the case on day 4 and ask Ebay to step in.

Have a great day.
Message 3 of 13
latest reply

There is no as well.

If you file a chargeback you no longer have eBay Money Back Guarantee. 

A chargeback should be a last resort.

Guaranteed fit sounds like a part. 

@jomcv3304  needs to file a wrong item/ not as described dispute on eBay.

They'll get a return label or a refund no problem.

Message 4 of 13
latest reply

Hi @jomcv3304 . If your order details page has a green checkmark indicating Guaranteed Fit, file a return request. When you file the return request, choose the reason Doesn't Fit My Vehicle.

If you do not see Doesn't Fit My Vehicle and instead see Doesn't Fit, do not choose that reason. Instead choose doesn't match description

The above responses aren't taking into account eBay's Guaranteed Fit program.

doesntfit1

Message 5 of 13
latest reply

Filing a dispute with your credit card carrier does not invalidate the Guaranteed Fit program.  Those two solutions run concurrently.

Message 6 of 13
latest reply

@tony1963 wrote:

Filing a dispute with your credit card carrier does not invalidate the Guaranteed Fit program.  Those two solutions run concurrently.

That's not correct. Once a payment dispute is filed outside of eBay, buyers lose the ability to file a return or claim through eBay. Any open claims on eBay are closed when an external payment dispute is filed.

Message 7 of 13
latest reply

I have had this problem several times. Since it's guaranteed to fit a seller wants to drag their feet on a return.

You can't seem to convince them that the catalog is wrong and the catalog is wrong a lot! 

Message 8 of 13
latest reply

@wastingtime101  said it.   
Just click the Return this item link and follow the directions.

Message 9 of 13
latest reply

Not true.  I can personally attest to the fact that you are wrong.

Message 10 of 13
latest reply

eBay's Money Back Guarantee

https://www.ebay.com/help/policies/ebay-money-back-guarantee-policy/ebay-money-back-guarantee-policy...

Loss of coverage

Even if a transaction is eligible for eBay Money Back Guarantee, buyers can lose protection if they:

• Voluntarily close a request or case, or
  • Open duplicate claims using other resolution methods, or
  • Engage in fraudulent or abusive buying behavior, or
  • Violate an eBay policy

Duplicate claims

A buyer may not seek resolution for the same transaction under more than one buyer protection program. eBay may close a buyer's eBay Money Back Guarantee case if the buyer files a chargeback or buyer protection claim for the same transaction with their payment provider (such as a credit card issuer or payment service provider), regardless of whether the chargeback or buyer protection claim is for the full or partial amount of the transaction.

If a seller loses a chargeback they may be eligible for payment dispute seller protections.

Fraudulent or abusive buyer behavior

Buyers will not be covered by eBay Money Back Guarantee if they make fraudulent claims or engage in activity as described in the Abusive buyer policy. This includes, but is not limited to:

• Colluding with a seller to wrongly declare an item's value for customs
  • Filing a chargeback after receiving a refund
  • Claiming an item was not received when there is proof of delivery to the address provided on the Order details page
  • Falsely claiming an item was not as described
  • Opening duplicate cases using other buyer protection programs
  • Returning an item other than the original item received
  • Using or damaging an item and then returning it

In addition to the consequences described in the User Agreement, we reserve the right to indefinitely suspend an individual's coverage under eBay Money Back Guarantee and impose any other sanctions we may deem necessary including issuing warnings, blocking a buyer's ability to request returns or refunds on eBay and account suspension.

Message 11 of 13
latest reply

"May" and "Will" are not the same thing.  I have NEVER EVER EVER EVER had eBay withdraw their protection even after I filed a chargeback.

You cannot compel someone to give up their rights with credit cards since those protections come under Federal laws.  However, if eBay purchases those rights, I'll cash their check.

We used to have a phase around here when everyone wanted to be a lawyer.  We said that they graduated from "The University of Waxed Bar Stool" and it appears that the graduating class continues...

Message 12 of 13
latest reply

@marinermikes wrote:

I have had this problem several times. Since it's guaranteed to fit a seller wants to drag their feet on a return.

You can't seem to convince them that the catalog is wrong and the catalog is wrong a lot! 

Catalog is not wrong.  (it is, but read on)....
The seller fills out the catalog.  It's up to the seller to choose the interchange correctly. IF the catalog is wrong, then the seller should not choose those options.  If the seller chooses the wrong options, then it's basically the sellers fault.  Because they did not have to choose anything.  OR, there are notes the seller can insert manually to fix wrong options. 
Therefore, it's the sellers fault if it doesn't fit.
UNLESS, the buyer entered their own vehicle incorrectly in "my garage" prior to searching.
Then, it's the buyers fault.
   BUT, doesn't matter who's fault it is. The seller assumes the responsibility and items can be returned if they don't fit, no matter who messed up.

Even if no catalog is filled out by the seller.  And no vehicle is entered by the buyer.
Items can still be returned, on the seller's dime, as not fitting.

Message 13 of 13
latest reply