cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Buffer, Polish and Wax - Recommendations?

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have a 2014 Mustang 5.0 in what I think is called "Deep Impact Blue". It's showing the fine, swirly scratches in the paint pretty bad. In the morning and evening it looks fine but out in the sun it's looking pretty sad. I was considering having a detailing service deal with it but my thought is that the money I give them would likely buy all the stuff that I need to do it myself. Plus...it's a keeper. I'm planning to keep it so down the road I could use this stuff again.

I'm no stranger to rubbing out and polishing paint....but much more on motorcycle tanks ad fenders.

I have always done these by hand as the shape and overall size more or less dictates it. 

So I reckon the Mustang could benefit from a real buffing from a real buffer. Anyone have any recommendations on both a Buffer and any certain products? Dos and Don'ts? I am especially interested in good brand name and rpm for a Buffer? Which type buffing heads? And most especially which products such as polish, wax, etc., that will provide the best results. Swirls look very fine and only on surface of the clearcoat. Think it's something I can fix armed with the right stuff.  Thanks - 96

Message 1 of 31
latest reply
30 REPLIES 30

Re: Buffer, Polish and Wax - Recommendations?

maybe a professional? sometimes its worth the price ...or at least go talk with a place..local place with guys/gals that like talking buffing... ya know get some visual feedback too....

Message 31 of 31
latest reply