Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I'd like to verify 98 dodge 4x4 cummins 2500 for sale by SSgt. Karen Hudson

Message 1 of 13
latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

It is a lies there is no Sargeant and there is no truck .

It is a Scam! Run away.
Message 2 of 13
latest reply

Karen is claiming ebay classified has given her the payment order #3171239 

her resident 1017 Kodiak St... fairbanks Ark. 99709

She is claiming byron Flippo is an Attorney agent for ebay classified, whos address is 500 N. State St.

Jackson Mississippi 39201

Message 3 of 13
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

How many people do you want to tell you it is a scam before you accept that it is a scam?  It is a scam.

Message 4 of 13
latest reply

IT IS A SCAM!

The REAL Ebay does not work that way.

Legitimate sellers do not provide free shipping

No one is going to sell you a beautiful perfect-condition mint vehicle for a ridiculously low price (let me guess, around $2K?)

Ebay does not handle payments for vehicles.

Ebay does not have anything to do with anything you saw advertised on another website.

Ebay does not act as an escrow company- even for real vehicles which are legitimately sold on the real Ebay!

Ebay does not condone the use of gift cards, MoneyGram or any such untracable no-recourse methods of payment.

Any such offers are SCAMS!

This is one of the oldest scams on the internet.

If it sounds too good to be true...it is!

Message 5 of 13
latest reply

Post a link to the listing and we can verify it for you. Promise not buy it out from under you.

Message 6 of 13
latest reply

SCAM.

No legitimate seller sells a vehicle to a complete stranger for thousands less than the wholesale price a local dealer would pay.

No legitimate seller offers free shipping, an inspection period, and free return shipping.

No legitimate seller attempts to sell a vehicle on another site and says that Ebay will be handling the transaction.

Ebay does not have agents.
Ebay does not have a warehouse.
Ebay is not a shipping company, they ship nothing.
Ebay has nothing to do with other sites.
Ebay does not condone the use of Western Union, Money Packs, Gift Cards, Vanilla Cards, MoneyGram or any other unsafe method of paying.
Ebay is not an escrow company, they do not hold anyone's money.

If you see a vehicle on the Internet that you are interested in purchasing, make arrangements with the seller to inspect the vehicle and the title, or hire a third party to inspect it for you. If the seller states for any reason that the vehicle can't be inspected, then walk away, the vehicle does not exist.

Message 7 of 13
latest reply

Let me guess. It's clean, low miles, stored in  eBay storage facility Number Whatever, and they're asking 2000 dollars for it with free shipping and a full refund if you're not completely happy with it......

Of course, if you choose not to follow the dead-on advice you've been given you can mail the stack of gift cards off and anxiously await on pins and needles for the delivery of the truck.

Message 8 of 13
latest reply

Hurry up and buy it before someone else beats you to this AMAZING deal.  😄

Message 9 of 13
latest reply

OP is probably out mowing a nice strip in his backyard right now for the "military cargo plane" to land on!

Message 10 of 13
latest reply

On a related note, there's a story about some woman who rented a house off of CL and gave up her last 1400 bucks after signing a lease agreement. Now she's in turmoil over what to do with no house and no money.

The lease agreement was fake and she signed it AFTER touring the house.

She says that later on she got to thinking about furniture in the house, a bed, personal clothing, and so on and this made her think.

Apparently she didn't think much at all during the tour...........

Message 11 of 13
latest reply

Rip, that's actually a quite common one where i used to live, on Long Island- only they'd have the sense to do it with empty houses.  There was a story in Newsday a few years ago, how three different scammers had used the same empty house, and between them, had rented it out to about a dozen different people- They'd just advertise a house renting for under $2K a month, and people would lose all sense, just like they do with the $2K '08 Honda Accordion with free shipping!

Message 12 of 13
latest reply

The CL auto ads are glutted with fraud. I was rummaging through the ads the other night and in the first lot there was about a dozen late model, low miles cars and trucks; all for 1500-2000 dollars. The wording on the ads was all the same (Immaculate exterior and interior) and the contact info was almost the same.

All of the emails were (woman's name or nickname @gmail.com.

The description on a clean Ford F250 was hilarious. It just stated "Air Filtration". That's it.

There was also a 175 grand Jaguar marked down to 9k.....

Probably had someone on their way to buy 9 grand worth of gift cards within 10 minutes of posting the ad....

Just like shooting fish in shallow water.

Message 13 of 13
latest reply