cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Accepting returns & buyer feedback protection

I currently don’t accept returns, but I’d like to start due to the negative feedback protection and to start building more trust with my customers. When I open the return options, I am left with a few choices as far as the return time window goes: 14 days, 30 days, or 60 days. Does it matter which one I choose? Or in other words, do I not get the same protection if I accept 14 days, rather than 30? I hope this makes sense.

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Re: Accepting returns & buyer feedback protection

The key is offering free returns if you want to be protected from negative feedback.

eBay says if the buyer submits a return request because an item isn't as described in the listing, we'll remove any related negative or neutral feedback if you offer free returns, accept the return, and give a refund.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 5 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

What "negative feedback protection"?

Taking returns, which you have to do anyway if a buyer opens an NAD case, doesn't protect you from receiving negative FB if that's what you are thinking.  

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

I am aware of that, thank you. Not my question.

At the eBay open, someone was discussing that a seller is covered from negative feedback in the case that the buyer wants to return an item under any other condition than INAD. I was hoping someone could elaborate on this. 

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

The entire feedback system needs to just go away.  It was a great concept in the 90s and 2000s, but today you have too many other choices.  If I buy a product my credit card company protects me too.

Time to make feedback go away.

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

The key is offering free returns if you want to be protected from negative feedback.

eBay says if the buyer submits a return request because an item isn't as described in the listing, we'll remove any related negative or neutral feedback if you offer free returns, accept the return, and give a refund.

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

Thank you for that explanation.  So there's just a little more to the story about accepting returns will give a seller protection from negative FB, right? 

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

Thank you! This is exactly what I was looking for. 

Message 7 of 7
latest reply