Welcome home Brothers
cvma-pa.net Veterans Helping Veterans
Message 1 of 331
latest reply
330 REPLIES 330

How many Nam Vets are there here with us on this board

480alexg
Enthusiast
Recipt, I agree with you strongly on the statement made about us loseing the Vietnam War. The truth is when the US forces turned over the Vietnam country over to Marvin the Arvn, they couldn't hold off the commies from the north. It was a sad moment in history to hear that we as soldiers were there for so many years and so many livies lost, that it only took them so little time to give up why we fought to keep there freedom.Well, at least that is what we as soldiers were given as a reason for the so called police action as they called it.My heart goes out to the families of our fallen combat soldiers then and now in this war being fought by young men and women. God bless all Vets.
Message 196 of 331
latest reply

gilbertg4544
Enthusiast
Spent 3 years (65-68) in Okinawa supporting Arc light, Young Tiger missions over Nam. (B-52 & KC135) Served Dec. 1970 - Dec. 1971 Da Nang. 37TH ARRS "Jolly Greens". Retired 1980. Now ride an '01 Yamaha Road Star 1600. Any more "Jolly Greens" out there?
WELCOME HOME BROTHERS

G.Gerland, CMS USAF (Ret)
Message 197 of 331
latest reply

USN 66-70
Nam Jan 67- Dec 68 discharged aug of 70 Hated the war. Hate this war. My wife never recoverd from the time my son was sent to Iraq Feb 03 He came home in one peace May 04 But I think she sufferd m0re than him. 37 years after dischage DOD opens up agent orange to all shipboard personel. My doctors coudnt figure out what was wrong with me. Hearth attack at age 34 Skin blemishes over 69 % of my body. Sinus, Diabetes, arthitis just about in every joint in my body. All you Nam vets out there Read up on Agent orange and put your claim in
Message 198 of 331
latest reply

michaelw5062
Enthusiast
I was drafted in the Army July 9 1968, on my Birthday. Sent to Nam Nov. thanksgiving Day 1968.Stationed In LOng Bin 48th group 62nd Trans. hauled many loads of ammo to many fire bases. Was wounded in Apr. 69 spent two months in Hospital Clark Air Base in Phillipines. Mike W
Message 199 of 331
latest reply

michaelw5062
Enthusiast
I own a 2004 Ultra Classic. Just love riding. I belong to American Legion Riders We are doing a lot to help homeless Vets and other Vets and their families. Mike W
Message 200 of 331
latest reply

ultrapig05
Enthusiast
Thank you Mike W
Message 201 of 331
latest reply

To 480ALEXG, I'll bet you that 99% or more of the people in this country will tell you that we lost the Vietnam War. It's probably spelled out that way in today's history books. I guess it's another example where if you repeat a lie often enough, sooner or later it is accepted as fact.
To GilbertG4544, What's the prettiest thing in the world? Answer: The belly of a Jolly Green when you're swinging from your parachute risers in a tree along Thud Ridge. One of my customers was an F-105 pilot who was shot down and rescued by one of your ships. He went on to finish his 100 missions. He tells me about how he also dropped napalm and strafed troops in Cuba during the missile crisis in 1962. Bet no one ever heard we did that, huh? I keep telling the Colonel he should write a book.
To Familydamato, Thanks for the advice about Agent Orange. I remembered they sprayed it on the weeds at the perimeter barbed wire at Vinh Long, while I stood a few feet away. Some of my joints are painful but I figured it was just part of the aging process. My lungs aren't the best either, but I attributed that to inhaling second hand smoke every where I worked until 1990. I'm going to study the info as you suggested. Looks like the Iraq vets will have health problems too. Naw, that depleted uranium will never hurt you, nor will all those shots we gave you before you left, trust me.
Message 202 of 331
latest reply

gilbertg4544
Enthusiast
Thanks recipt!! I guess we had the best job in Nam. Never had a dissatisfied customer.
Message 203 of 331
latest reply

used to ride a honda 650 had to give it up because of hearth attack. I just got myself a O6 Suzuki m50 I couldn't refuse the price.
Message 204 of 331
latest reply

2bluegoose34
Enthusiast
I was in Vietnam from Dec. 68 thru Dec. 69. Shipped over with entire company (101st Airborn C/159 ASHB from Ft. Sill) to Phu Bai. I kept the CH-47's running good and making sure they were right during test flights after maintenance. I was also a member of our crash rescue team. We would load up parts and fly out to the boonies and patch up downed choppers so they could be flown back to base. I was on flight status as well although not every day. We would take supplies/personnel etc. out to the fire bases. Thanks to all the vets from the past as well as now.
Message 205 of 331
latest reply

readmyaboutme
Enthusiast
Just wanted to say thanks to all you guys. Vets & Ebayers. I like it.
Message 206 of 331
latest reply

songtanmaverick
Enthusiast
Did my time with 33rd ARS (air rescue) in and out on 3 month rotations from Kadena.68-71
Message 207 of 331
latest reply

I joined the Marines in OCT 65. I did not have to. I had no draft number. I am a sole surviving son. I did not opt out. Went to Parris Island SC Oct 65-Feb 66, Camp Gieger NC till April 66, NAS JAX Jacksonville FL till July 66, MCAS Cherry Point NC with a TAD to El Toro CA and MCAS Yuma AZ (what a hole) till the end of Jan 67, then with The help of the Air Force (AF) by C141 to Chu Lai Viet Nam via Elemendorf AK and Iwakuni Japan.
I spent a year in Chu Lai. helped load millions of pounds of bombs on A6 Intruders (120-140 tons a night). Got mortared, rocketed and general treated badly. The VC came in and planted mines under our roads. Got rained on for 117 day in the monsoon.
Next to our bomb dump was a USAF spotter unit. They flew single engine (gas piston driven) Piper spotter planes. They spent most of the time 200-300 feet off the ground. Looking for huts or cave entrances. We loaded bombs 12 hours a day in two shifts. I was bored with 12 hours off, so I volunteered to be an extra set of eyes. I flew in the back seat, sitting on a flak jacket. I did that for 10 missions. On the last flight we came back with bullet holes in the wings. The AF CO said it was getting too dangerous. So my flights ended. I asked for R&R in Kuala Lumpur Malaysia on my birthday (Sept 29). My group was the first group to go there for R&R.
I lost a lot of friends in Viet Nam. One night the VC rocketed us. They hit the main bomb dump. A lot of bombs blew up at once. I lost a lot of friends that night.
In Feb 68 I left Viet Nam via Da Nang on a C130 to Okinawa Japan. I spent five days there. That was as long I could stretch it out to. Back to MCAS Cherry Point till June 68. I got the chance to to go to the Philadelphia Navy base as a gate guard. Ah a chance to be near a city. Not bad 40 Marines baby sitting 6000 Navy. That was fun. I stayed there until I got out of the Marines in Philadelphia. in 1969.
In my travels I have seen five different countries. Canada, Mexico, Viet Nam, Japan, Malaysia. Any time you think this country is a mess go visit a "Third World Country". If you think you got it bad, you should see how those people live. I'm soon to be 60. I would go back in the Marines to fight for the freedoms we enjoy again, if I had to. Be glad you have the RIGHT to bad mouth the government, eat what you want, where you want, dress any way you want, go to school or movies, drink and dance, Vote, ETC.
There are a lot of countries where you can't do those things, where people will kill you because you are of a different religion or have no religion, or where you were born.
To those people who hate this country but live here...if you hate us that much, go (back)to that country you love so much and leave us alone.
Message 208 of 331
latest reply

ultrapig05
Enthusiast
mmbny47, thank you for your service to the best country in the world.
Message 209 of 331
latest reply

carolinajeanie0
Enthusiast
My Husband was in the 1st Air Commandos at Bien Ho 1965-65 He was a gatling gunner on Puff AC47 if he was alive he would like to say Hi
carolinajeanie0
Message 210 of 331
latest reply