cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New purchases #2

My new N scale Shay should be here soon. I think that June is the Canadian F7 release also. B-)
Message 1 of 922
latest reply
921 REPLIES 921

Re: New purchases #2

Dave,

I don't buy a lot either, I have to be pretty selective right now...  Sure makes it tough though since the manufacturers have such limited runs.

All the best,

Charles

Message 916 of 922
latest reply

That makes it difficult for consumers. a run comes out and if you miss it, who knows when you can get that rtpe of car again.  Try looking for (n scale)

Athearns 30K gallon PROCOR tankcars...or  Atlas 17K galllon ADM vegetable oil tank cars.  hard to get to begin with, and seems like anyone that bought them don't part with them so can't get your hands on used on.   I was lucky to get what I have.

I did luck out once at N Scale Supply of getting 17 (Atlas)  UFIX Coalveyor coal cars all in diff road #s as well as the 3 I had. Makes for a nice unit coal train.

Message 917 of 922
latest reply

I can't get over how there hasn't been anything of interest to me from Atlas or Micro-Trains in a looong time. They do have new releases more or less frequently, but nothing in my era that screams buy me. Maybe that's a good thing. like everyone else here, got way too much.

I always enjoyed seeing a grain unit train with large consist of just BN and BNSF grain hoppers  down in North Dakota so I always bought those anytime a decent deal or auction won on ebay. Or consignment at LHS.  Do get some BN BNSF up here too due to praries being grain capital of Canada. Plus BNSF has a loco based here for switching/local runs out of their interchange yard (4 tracks or so)

Haven't been south of the border at all this year  😞   I miss my Fargo run as the I29 runs besides BN tracks just south of Grand Forks all the way to Fargo.

Message 918 of 922
latest reply

the only thing I have bought in N scale for over 12 months is the recent MicroTrains baby ruth 48 foot trailer and a pair of BLMA thermo king reefer units, and a BN seattle 45 foot trailer that will be stripped and repainted for 1 of the reefer units to go on, diecast cars is another tale alltogether LOL.

Smiley LOL

Message 919 of 922
latest reply

Barry,

You should post some photos, most of my time is spent in the 1800's early 1900's.  I don't know much about modern equipment!  It would be nice to see your work too with the paint and all...

All the best,

Charles 

Message 920 of 922
latest reply

Hello all,

Here is one of the Bachmann passenger cars waiting to be sliced and diced and pasted together to form Cumberland & Pennsylvania Railroad (C&P) look like passenger cars in G:29 Scale:

Figure 1 -- A Bachmann G Scale Baggage Car to be Bashed Into a C&P Baggage CarFigure 1 -- A Bachmann G Scale Baggage Car to be Bashed Into a C&P Baggage CarThis one should be on the way from eBay momentarily, and will be part of building a G:29 C&P baggage car.  There were two of the C&P cars no's 20 and 26.  The Bachmann passenger cars will be sliced kind-of like this:

Figure 2 -- A Bachmann Coach Parts for BashFigure 2 -- A Bachmann Coach Parts for Bash

Figure 3 -- A Bachmann Baggage Parts for BashFigure 3 -- A Bachmann Baggage Parts for Bash

Then bashed to look like this:

Figure 4 -- Bachmann Bash Into C&P no's 20 & 26Figure 4 -- Bachmann Bash Into C&P no's 20 & 26
It will take some work for sure, so I suppose until it is done it is a Science Experiment.

All the best,

Charles Sloane

Message 921 of 922
latest reply

An amusing anecdote (well to me and my ... humor...), the Bachmann baggage car is supposed to arrive tomorrow.  Pretty fast, I think, since it is coming form Mars...  (inter-planetary shipping...?) .... Cat Tongue  Well Mars, Pennsylvania....

All the best,

Charles

Message 922 of 922
latest reply