cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iOS App Selling update

Hello

We recently updated the selling form for all sellers. We would like you to post any feedback you have with this new form here.

Thank you

Message 18 of 311
latest reply
310 REPLIES 310

Re: iOS App Selling update

Ive spent the weekend building my own website so I have a place to sell my first class shipping items. This is so insane.
Message 196 of 311
latest reply

The CEO. You should see his linkedin posts. They’re ALL about him, him, him, not the brand, not the employees. He doesn’t listen to them, based on his LinkedIn posts. His most recent: “I do so love it when my team channels me.” Omg. So, we can assume that HE is responsible for this app decision and did NOT listen to his tech people who were trying to tell him otherwise. That guy does NOT listen to his employees, so what makes us think he would listen to his customers? Seriously, go look at his LinkedIN! He’s all ego! LOL! Gross!
Message 197 of 311
latest reply

Not only has its changes made listing an item significantly slower because of all of the terrible assumptions, but now we have to either let our listings go on until they are eventually suppressed by the algorithm, or we have to manually end hundreds of listings each month and hit sell similar to get the effect we used to get with no issue. Not to mention all of the new sellers who will keep getting charged their insertion fees because they can’t keep on top of things at their seller levels.

As a seller that varies between 500-1000 listings at any given time throughout the year, I sincerely hope you stop “fixing” things before they are no sellers and no buyers left.

Message 198 of 311
latest reply

Horrendous update . Please go back to previous version . Cannot add info on item under main title for listing; can no longer add a international mailing handling fee; pics take forever to upload and edit . This really isn’t an update, but a downgrade
Message 199 of 311
latest reply

Dall'ultimo aggiornamento della app non posso più mettere in vendita oggetti dal mio iphone.

Dopo aver scritto il titolo dell'inserzione clicco su vai ma non mi carica la bozza. Si ferma e non mi da la possibilità di andare avanti. Se devo caricare da pc ci metto il doppio del tempo a causa delle foto che devo prima scattare dall'iphone, poi inviare via mail, poi scaricare sul pc e poi caricare nell'inserzione.

Fissate al più presto questo bug altrimenti perdiamo soldi noi venditori e voi.

Message 200 of 311
latest reply

the new update is not user friendly. it only adds more time and stress trying to list an item. It usually takes me 5 minutes to add an item but after the last update It now takes me 15-20 PER each item since I have to start the listing on IOS and upload photos from my device then..save it..then log onto desktop to finalize it so I can use the advanced listing and not the quick list since you all took that away on the ios app update again, i am sure I am speaking on behalf of many other sellers and not just myself..THE NEW UPDATE IS HORRIBLE, TIME CONSUMING, NON USER FRIENDLY and not geared towards sellers listing in a format that suits our needs.
Message 201 of 311
latest reply

It is ridiculous to force Good Til Cancelled. We have no desire to use the app if that is the case. And being that it is more work to get pictures onto the computer, it make me a lot less interested in selling on ebay at all.

Message 202 of 311
latest reply

Long List -

When taking pics for a listing with my app MY view through the camera is now sideways which makes it hard to get the best photo.

i don’t like EBay deciding to accept offers on my listing without me prompting them to do so. If I had wanted to accept offers I would have set that up myself. This takes up my time undoing what eBay has done.

i don’t like eBay making my listings good til cancelled and relisting  them automatically. I prefer to have the option to choose if I want 30 days or not.

i don’t like new lower the prices on theses listings prompt. I wake up to 52 listings this morning that eBay thinks I should lower the price on. Some of them have only been listed for a few days c’mon now.

Between the camera issue and constantly having to undo changes eBay has made to my listings that I did NOT choose, it is taking me hours of extra time to run my store.  This is NOT user or seller friendly changes.

Message 203 of 311
latest reply

So dear ebay mobile_app_help, what fix can you offer all of us small potatoes sellers who stupidly used the mobile app update & now unwittingly have dozens of GTC listings that we can do nothing about & are going to get dinged for a relisting fee when they are automatically renewed (whatever does not sell, obvs). None of us wish to use our precious 50 free-listings for something we never consciously authorized. Also, were these specific updates communicated to us BEFORE they went live and I just missed it? Seems a bit shady to implement such changes without prior notice to the user.
Message 204 of 311
latest reply

I am having the same issue with good till canceled listings. The more options button is missing when your item goes out of stock. 

Message 205 of 311
latest reply

Does anyone even test these updates before they are rolled out? It sure wasn’t tested by an active seller. 

The new update makes the app useless for sellers. 

1. Can no longer choose my store category. 

2. Does not allow me to enter handling fees. 

3. Does not allow accepting international returns. 

4. Can no longer relist or sell similar on items through the app or all the above information disappears. 

5. If a listing was created on the computer and you want to revise a listing you can’t with the app for all the reasons stated above as well as the description cannot be changed because it is in a different format. 

All these are needed in order to even create a listing.

An annoying feature also is package dimensions being backwards. It should be length width height which shows that way when you are done but you have to enter it backwards. Does that even make sense?

All in all the app is now useless for sellers. The only thing I use it for is notifying me I made a sale. I used to create all my listings through the mobile app. What a waste of time. I can say one thing. I’ve been posting more on Etsy because their app works and I don’t have to keep running to my computer. 

Message 206 of 311
latest reply

Please bring back old format or give me an option because the new format for selling is terrible 

Message 207 of 311
latest reply

I posted to this board back on 8/30/18, a couple days after the iOS selling app was updated to the newest format....In that post, I outlined a few issues & important missing features I had noticed at the time (i.e., no store categories, font bolding issues, missing bullet points, extended loading times). As of today, 9/18/18, the app is STILL experiencing issues (as outlined by many other experienced, competent sellers).  Just today, I sent 2 separate emails to iOS-support, informing them of an issue in which the Best Offer option was automatically added to my listings. As well as an issue in which eBay created THREE different listings, with 3 different item numbers, for an item I posted only ONE TIME. The font bolding issue is still not resolved.  Store categories are still not available (truly an important feature for those who have an eBay store). Still no bullet point option available (which make my listings look way more professional). And, load times are STILL horrible.

I've been selling on eBay for a few years now, and consider myself fairly knowledgeable of the process. I'm also a VERY patient person and have always been open to change. But this most recent update and the long-standing, drawn-out, un-resolved issues have TRULY gotten my attention and tested my patience. 

eBay - PLEASE listen to your sellers (your bread and butter) and FIX THESE ISSUES. 

I can totally handle using this new format…But it really must work properly in order for us to be successful. I used to be able to count on the app to list 100% of my inventory, from start to finish......but now, after creating a listing on the app, I must log into the desktop site to EDIT and FIX my listings, to make them presentable to my customers. It doesn’t make sense to even have an app available, if we must rely on a desktop site to edit and fix our (hard) work.  These issues should have been resolved by now. 

I’m sad to say, I’m headed to the app store to leave a 1 star review. What happened, eBay?  cry

Message 208 of 311
latest reply

Hello, ...and thanks for asking for our feedback.

1st:

The new app update includes only 2 options for Best Offer... I do not like to use auto decline, I feel it's pretty rude to buyers... but I do love to use the setting for "auto accept over this amount"....can I please have that option in the app?

2nd:

Any plans to fix the shipping options function,  including adding First Class, sometimes I like to change the shippping when I relist, the new app update is not friendly for this task.

3rd:

also in this new app update is the constant prompt to 'Promote Listing.'   Please please consider an option to "DO NOT SHOW / ASK ME THIS AGAIN." 

Message 209 of 311
latest reply

The App is a mess. When will you be issues an update to fix the many oproblems?????

Message 210 of 311
latest reply