cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iOS App Selling update

Hello

We recently updated the selling form for all sellers. We would like you to post any feedback you have with this new form here.

Thank you

Message 18 of 311
latest reply
310 REPLIES 310

Re: This app sucks

This seems to be fixed. Thank you, thank you!
Message 121 of 311
latest reply

Couldn't agree more! What a waste of time trying to navigate this useless thing.
Message 122 of 311
latest reply

Don’t like new IOS update. Pics take longer to load, they appear in the wrong order etc... it’s like listing for dummies.
Message 123 of 311
latest reply

Dear Sir,
I have chosen to write to you as the response from your help desk was at best non conclusive.

My issue with the recent changes to the Mobile App in the UK is that it seemsto have been rolled out without any training for your staff. It has also been made apparent that discussing the Mobile App with anyone who has an in depth knowledge of it is absolutely not available to either sellers or your own support teams. I was on the phone over 60 mins to get pretty much no response. It appears that the first call was abandoned by the help desk after 45 mins meaning i had to re-call.

I, along with most of the dealers and businesses I know that use EBAY, use the Mobile App as it is convenient, removes the need for paper based descriptions such as size etc. It means that we can photograph and list from a warehouse or storage unit immediately. It is probably the best tool EBAY has produced for our business type. The issue now is 2 fold - there are a number of assumptions or prompts made by ebay which are not reasonable. Ie price or package size for a wardrobe. The number of clicks to list has increased by approx 50%. The postal or delivery options only cover small packages with the post office or with Shutl. No option to use courier, different time scales, or select from the extensive list previously available. Your help desk was not aware, nor really understood (at least not immediately) how this could possibly be an issue. The result of this is that a basic 'shell' can be entered and uplifted but requires editing on the full classic site very soon after. It may become a problem if the item is purchased inbetween these 2 processes. As I have not been able to discuss this at length with your support teams, there may be a suitable work around, or I am doing something wrong, if so please advise.

I leave this with you to look at but would appreciate an acknowledgement of receipt.

As always I would love to be a beta tester for you as sellers like me who sell large items seem to be less well catered for.

Message 124 of 311
latest reply

making everything fixed price good till cancelled is not something I ever use. Like many I want to review items for price etc when they end. Reviewing a list of 2-300 live items is not tenable.

Message 125 of 311
latest reply

this applies to me too

I never offer 'offers' on a first listing of a specific item

Message 126 of 311
latest reply

t

Dear Sir,
I have chosen to write to you as the response from your help desk was at best non conclusive.

My issue with the recent changes to the Mobile App in the UK is that it seemsto have been rolled out without any training for your staff. It has also been made apparent that discussing the Mobile App with anyone who has an in depth knowledge of it is absolutely not available to either sellers or your own support teams. I was on the phone over 60 mins to get pretty much no response. It appears that the first call was abandoned by the help desk after 45 mins meaning i had to re-call.

I, along with most of the dealers and businesses I know that use EBAY, use the Mobile App as it is convenient, removes the need for paper based descriptions such as size etc. It means that we can photograph and list from a warehouse or storage unit immediately. It is probably the best tool EBAY has produced for our business type. The issue now is 2 fold - there are a number of assumptions or prompts made by ebay which are not reasonable. Ie price or package size for a wardrobe. The number of clicks to list has increased by approx 50%. The postal or delivery options only cover small packages with the post office or with Shutl. No option to use courier, different time scales, or select from the extensive list previously available. Your help desk was not aware, nor really understood (at least not immediately) how this could possibly be an issue. The result of this is that a basic 'shell' can be entered and uplifted but requires editing on the full classic site very soon after. It may become a problem if the item is purchased inbetween these 2 processes. As I have not been able to discuss this at length with your support teams, there may be a suitable work around, or I am doing something wrong, if so please advise.

I leave this with you to look at but would appreciate an acknowledgement of receipt.

As always I would love to be a beta tester for you as sellers like me who sell large items seem to be less well catered for.

Message 127 of 311
latest reply

I am in the same position but add that the postage options are not suitable for a wardrobe ! ie offering PO 1st class - hahahah like to see the postmen collect that one

So much wrong with it I am having to go back to detailing on paper and uploading in the office on classic site. Very timeconsuming.

My business is very mobile - ie listing from lots of different locations so this is a real showstopper.

Message 128 of 311
latest reply

The lack of meaningful conversation with your help desk is also making this very frustrating

Message 129 of 311
latest reply

I wish you would fix the app regarding the purchases . If you read all the reports under the topic “all purchases showing up in recent update” then you will see there’s a huge demand to fix it . Why do you keep changing things . Why do you not listen to us and respond accordingly. You asked me to provide you more details about the issue which I did and you have not responded so obviously you are not helpful . If you could tell me why purchases are disappearing from the list each time I open the app to view and also why your most recent purchases can be removed from the list it would be a start .LISTEN  TO THE COMMUNITY.

Message 130 of 311
latest reply

Another example of this app not friendly, I went to the app to relist an item I knew would have ended it’s auction to a 30 day buy now. I couldn’t find the item in my not sold. I checked the sold items, nope, didn’t think it would be there, would have been nice though lol. So I hit search on my listed items. Found it. The app automatically relisted it as an auction again. I know I didn’t set it up for auto relist. That means this app did. No control over how or when to list an item is not good. Bad app. 

I had to go to the website, again, and turn off auto relist.

Message 131 of 311
latest reply

What was so wrong with the old way of listing items through the app? I didn't have a problem with it before, now I go to list and it's a horrible mess! I'm listing a similar item, and all my information that I've put in for shipping is now missing. I have to go back and figure out the weight and measurements all over again. 

I don't want "Best Offers" automatically on! What's this "Easy Pricing" junk?? No! I want control over my own prices. I can't find my Store Categories to change them. How do I write in details under condition?? 

This is going to take forever to list items as I'll have to go back and forth between the app and my computer to make sure my listing is accurate. 

Message 132 of 311
latest reply

I forgot to mention - how about the "Uploading" of photos? It seems to take a lot more time to edit photos as it has to go through "Loading" and then "Uploading" again after editing it! ARRGH! 

Message 133 of 311
latest reply

I tried to list a digital camera and it says I’m missing the MPN, however there’s no where on the form to add MPN. I had to go on the normal site to add it.

Message 134 of 311
latest reply

Hi there, I've already posted in this thread, approximately a week ago if I had to guess and I'm yet to see any replies and/or changes to the app. Since this app has been updated I have not listed one item due to the difficulty and annoyance that the new update brings from the individual photo uploads, non-existent custom store categories and it's horrible layout.

My eBay sales are suffering due to not being able to supply any new listings to my buyers, and selling through my older listings; thus my number of listings has reduced substantially. I'd like to know an ETA of when it's due to be reverted (hopefully) to the old system as it was very user friendly and can assure that a high percentage of eBay sellers will prefer this system. I don't want to think about how many potential dollars I could've lost by not being able to list any new items.

From memory, the eBay app changed in the last two months, it copped criticism and it was reverted back. Please listen to the community that pays good dollars to utilise this site for their business and give them what they would like.

Cheers
James
Message 135 of 311
latest reply