cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Watch list not working

Error message pops up when trying to add to watch list.  I had 278 items on watch list of my 300 and went through and removed about 50 items yesterday and now am only watching 220 items but since then, it wont let me add anything.   Is anyone else having issues lately.  I have uninstalled the app, restarted the phone and installed the app again in hopes it would fix the issue but it didn't.  

Message 1 of 26
latest reply
25 REPLIES 25

Re: Watch list not working

Latest update. My earlier problem reported is now solved. My watch list is working again.
Message 16 of 26
latest reply

@tonybologna1971 

Why would eBay drop the Watchlist limit down to 200?

In this case, most likely an oversight rather than an intentional limitation.

It appears to have been fixed; I am able to add items to my list above 200 using a browser or the app. I have not verified that I can go all the way to 300, but at least it's not stopping me at 200 as it was previously.

Message 17 of 26
latest reply

@tonybologna1971 @kidrocks1 @eburtonlab @ee-liyon_0 @starboardset 

Thank you for all the reports. This should be working properly now. Let us know if you are still seeing this error.

Thanks

Message 18 of 26
latest reply

Haven't checked into it yet but hopefully this certainly has been resolved. Thanks for the report.

Message 19 of 26
latest reply

I had about 280 on my watch list but had to delete over 80 to watch other items of interest.

The less I have on my watch lists the less I buy....the new trend here 😞

Message 20 of 26
latest reply

Looks like this same problem has reared its ugly head again tonight. Can't add any listings to my Watchlist. I only have 112 items saved too. scream

Message 21 of 26
latest reply

ONLY 87 ITEMS. CAN'T ADD TO WATCH LIST. THIS HAPPENED A WEEK OR SO AND I WAS ABLE TO FIX BY DELETING HISTORY ETC. DID NOT WORK THIS TIME.

Message 22 of 26
latest reply

@tonybologna1971 wrote:

Looks like this same problem has reared its ugly head again tonight. Can't add any listings to my Watchlist. I only have 112 items saved too. scream

Can you check your ended items too? These count in the total

Message 23 of 26
latest reply

@tonybologna1971 

If there is a problem, it does not seem to be the same problem as in early February, which prevented adding new items once the total count was over 200. Or else it is not as widespread, or has already been corrected.

I am able to add items to my watch list using either browser or app. I have 172 active and 46 ended and have not noticed any problems adding or deleting today.

Message 24 of 26
latest reply

@mobile_feedback wrote:

@tonybologna1971 wrote:

Can you check your ended items too? These count in the total

Yeah, I always check & make sure that my ended listings are removed.

@eburtonlab 

Things seem to be back working normally now for me today. This was a problem for me for a few hours last night though. The Watchlist had been working flawlessly since the last problem about a month ago. Just glad it's back working & hope that it stays that way too. Thanks guys!  

Message 25 of 26
latest reply

@tonybologna1971 

Things seem to be back working normally now for me today. This was a problem for me for a few hours last night though. The Watchlist had been working flawlessly since the last problem about a month ago. 

Thursday night/Friday morning is about the time that eBay was performing upgrades, and some folks indicated that there were sporadic outages of various services -- that might account for this particular watch list issue.

Glad to hear it's back to working for you.

Message 26 of 26
latest reply