cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Watch list not working

Error message pops up when trying to add to watch list.  I had 278 items on watch list of my 300 and went through and removed about 50 items yesterday and now am only watching 220 items but since then, it wont let me add anything.   Is anyone else having issues lately.  I have uninstalled the app, restarted the phone and installed the app again in hopes it would fix the issue but it didn't.  

Message 1 of 26
latest reply
25 REPLIES 25

Re: Watch list not working

Same here. Any body came to the rescue yet?

Message 2 of 26
latest reply

I am also experiencing the same issue.  I am below 250 items on my watchlist and when I try to add an item it tells me my watchlist is full.  Hope someone has a solution or eBay can fix this issue.

Message 3 of 26
latest reply

@kidrocks1 

It looks like the Watch list capacity has been reduced to 200 items; if you are watching more than that, you will not be able to add more items to your Watch list.

To verify this, I moved several of my items to another list and deleted some items, and got down to 201 items, and could still not watch any more. Deleted two more items, and then I was able to watch one more item, but no more than 200.

The easiest way to move many items to another list is by using a browser in desktop mode. Starting from the "all lists" link:

https://my.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?MyEbayBeta&SortOrder=ASCEND&GotoPage=1&MyeBayListIndex.Filter=A...

Go through the list and when you find an item on your Watch list that you want to move, select "More actions" and "Add to List" to copy the item to another list. Then check the box at the left side of the line item. When you have copied several items to another list, go to the top or bottom of the page and delete the selected items from the Watch list.

There have been several issues related to the Watch list recently -- folks with ipads not being able to see the dropdown menu for other custom lists, thumbnails after the third item not showing up, other folks getting a "server down" message when trying to view the Watch list page. Perhaps this is another symptom of a common problem, or else someone is trying to fix something and causing more problems.

Message 4 of 26
latest reply

See the message immediately above this one for info about problems adding items to the Watch list.

@pirate_ron 

@zgreywolf 

@bigdaveswinger 

See the message immediately above this one for info about problems adding items to the Watch list.

Message 5 of 26
latest reply

For some reason the previous message did not include my text. I wanted to tag folks who posted messages on the Member-to-member board about problems adding items to the Watch list, to point them to the message above that.

Message 6 of 26
latest reply

Thanks for the help. I've also noticed, beginning today, that I get the "watch list is full" error message when I try to watch any additional items. The watch limit had been 300 items for quite some time now, and I really hope this upper limit is restored.
Message 7 of 26
latest reply

@starboardset 

Someone posted a clever (though cumbersome) way to add items to the watch list via the app:

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Technical-Issues/Issues-with-Watch-List-saying-its-full/m-p/29470285/h...

That, coupled with the fact that many people already have up to 300 items on their lists leads me to believe it's not really a "capacity" issue, per se. It's just that the routine that adds items to the watch list now returns an error if the total number of items is greater than 200 (much the way all the other lists work). This error occurs both on the app and on the website. Hopefully this is just a programming oversight that can be quickly rectified, rather than a new chosen policy.

Message 8 of 26
latest reply

I have 192 Watch list items, but I cannot add more items either. 

Message 9 of 26
latest reply

@lucretziakirk 

I have 192 Watch list items, but I cannot add more items either.

192 total items? Or possibly 192 active and 8 ended items?

If you are unable to add more items, that is troubling. I just trimmed my Watch list to 190 items and was then able to add ten new items, using a browser.

Hopefully this is only a temporary glitch. I would recommend deleting or moving some items to another list to free up some space for new items.

Message 10 of 26
latest reply

I also rebooted

uninstalled the ap and reinstalled and nothing worked

still not allowing you to add and I don’t even have 200 and supposed to be 300

Message 11 of 26
latest reply

I have the same problem today  Watch list is not working . I have less than 20 items in my watch list and hence there should be room to add more in my phone app. 

Hope they will solve this problem soon. 

Message 12 of 26
latest reply

I just tried adding more items to the watch list a little while ago and it seems to be working again. Perhaps a coder or sysop for the site saw this thread and took action. Many thanks to the person/people responsible for fixing the problem! 🙂

Message 13 of 26
latest reply

I'm not getting any error message when trying to add items to my Watchlist but I can't actually add any listings at all to my Watchlist. This just started happening to me today. Hasn't ever been a problem before for me. Every time I try to add any item listing to my Watchlist nothing happens.

I even deleted several items that was already saved to my Watchlist because I'm usually at the max(300) but that too didn't help. I have also posted this problem as a topic of my own. Something has to be causing the problem from eBay in my opinion. Thanks.
Message 14 of 26
latest reply

Why would eBay drop the Watchlist limit down to 200? This is our "My eBay" & not theirs to monitor. That would be absolutely wrong in doing so to buyers. Why would it matter to eBay how many items we keep in our Watchlist?

I understand 300 was the limit & that number was just fine to me but to drop it down 100 listings isn't treating the eBay Community users right. This needs to be looked into if this is the case or fixed if for some reason it's a glitch. Thanks.

Message 15 of 26
latest reply