cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Photo Uploads

I have been having an issue with the app uploading photos. Seems like a glitch where it will just get stuck and not upload any photos to the listing 

Message 1 of 13
latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

Re: Photo Uploads

@k.haagensen wrote:

I have been having an issue with the app uploading photos. Seems like a glitch where it will just get stuck and not upload any photos to the listing 

Hi @k.haagensen. Would you mind sharing the steps you're taking to upload the photos, as well as the item you're listing and the category you're listing in so we can explore this further? 

Thank you. 

Elizabeth,
eBay
Message 2 of 13
latest reply

I have the same issue, and am using an iPad 12.9 for listing. I am listing in the watch category and when I try to upload images it does not work. You guys like to add all kinds of “updates” that you think will make peoples lives easier listing, when really it adds more steps and breaks already working and over complicated (step wise) systems. One begins to wonder whether you actually test these ideas before implementation, or you just come up with them, think they are a good idea, develop them, push them to production, break stuff, and cause problems for sellers, and then fix it later. Seems like technical debt is not an issue eBay suffers from… As you can see I’m slightly annoyed by the constant barrage of random updates that break things… Remember us sellers work with you to make you money. The more you work against us the less of “US” there will be. So, perhaps a system of notifying sellers of planned updates and changes would help, this way we could prepare for some of these changes and report bugs and issues faster (seeing as you don’t seem to test your product before pushing to production) Perhaps consider testing them on a demo environment, before pushing them to production and wreaking havoc. I digress, I’m using the mobile app version 6.140.0.1, on an iPad 12.9. You have added “guidelines” for how people should list a watch for sale in the photo upload function on the listing (Was this necessary? Was it an issue? Did you test if adding this feature would positively impact sales and worth the development time?). In doing so you seem to have broken the upload feature for photos. Once a user goes to upload photos (you added another step in the process btw…) , and selects them, when they click done, it says “uploading above the photos” but that never really happens, and when you are ready to list your item and click list, it shows a spinning loader for a while, and then an error telling you there is an issue with photos on the listing. Not quite sure what the issue is, but its broken with your latest “update” to the feature.  

Message 3 of 13
latest reply

elizabeth@ebay  Read my post above. 

Message 4 of 13
latest reply

Hello,

I am having the same issue.  The app just stays on the "Uploading (2)" screen.  

I am using an iPhone 15 Pro Max.  There are no pending app or phone updates.

It is working on the iPhone XS Max.  Unfortunately, that has a cracked camera lens.

user oldchefnewtricks

Message 5 of 13
latest reply

Hi, I’m not able to upload screenshots to here on my phone for some reason. But the issue is still ongoing 

Message 6 of 13
latest reply

@mrclaytokyo wrote:

elizabeth@ebay  Read my post above. 

Thank you @mrclaytokyo. I will get this passed along to our tech team who was requesting this information.

Elizabeth,
eBay
Message 7 of 13
latest reply

I have been unable to upload photos on the app after the last update. This has been a terrible setback for me and my ability to list during a peak time of listing for me to start the year off!

Thank you!

Message 8 of 13
latest reply

elizabeth@ebay  Thanks for submitting to the tech team, but am going on 3-4 days now with listing being affected. Not too happy about that. I have products I want to put up. Can’t they just revert to the code before this mess and save us all the headache….. and NO telling people to just use the computer to list is not a solution. Do I have a computer, yes, but I use my iPad to list because it saves a lot of time and steps having the photos on the device already. When can we be expecting a solution? 

Message 9 of 13
latest reply

hey everyone I did find a unique workaround for me that I was able to use in the meantime while waiting for this bug to get fixed. After you have "uploaded" the photos, as in the photos are stuck  "updating" go into each individual photo and edit it. Just slightly play around with the brightness then click apply. I did this with three photos I tried to uploaded. After "editing" the photos, suddenly the app recognized the photos were there and allowed me to post the listing. Might be worth a try to see if this works for anyone else in the meantime.

Message 10 of 13
latest reply

elizabeth@ebay  I can vouch for @k.haagensen work around to the issue. Editing each photo individually will allow for the photos to show up, and the listing to go through. It is not a solution though, as it is very time consuming to do this to every photo uploaded. It seems that the photos are initially not getting uploaded. On the previous version of your coding for photo upload, editing a picture would trigger a re-uploading of that photo. If you clicked list item before the photo had finished uploading it would tell you that photos were still uploading. So that leads me to believe that the photos are not initially being uploaded and that needs to be fixed. Along with a suggestion to drop the silly menu button on each photo as that’s an extra click, as opposed to just clicking on the photo. This whole addition to the photo upload function is not well thought out. I and the other sellers are still waiting for answers to this issue………

Message 11 of 13
latest reply

Hi everyone. 

Please attempt to post photos again as this should be resolved now. 

Elizabeth,
eBay
Message 12 of 13
latest reply

Repeatedly get this message:

"There's an issue with one or more of your photos."

No idea what I'm doing wrong.  Anyone?

Message 13 of 13
latest reply