cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Notifications for the auction ending in 5-15 minutes not coming anymore

I remember setting the reminder to be sent within 5-15 minutes of the auction end. The notifications are no longer coming. Has this feature been turned off? Why?? What can be done to bring this feature back?

Message 1 of 19
latest reply
18 REPLIES 18

Re: Notifications for the auction ending in 5-15 minutes not coming anymore

In the eBay app, go to Settings: Notifications and check to make sure none of your default settings have changed. Then scroll down to Notification diagnostics and use that to make sure notifications are working.

Message 2 of 19
latest reply

I do have the notifications coming in. However the last Auction Ending notifications is coming ~24 hours prior to the auction end. It used to come within 5-15 minutes. This is what I need.

Message 3 of 19
latest reply

@lgngri wrote:

I do have the notifications coming in. However the last Auction Ending notifications is coming ~24 hours prior to the auction end. It used to come within 5-15 minutes. This is what I need.

Hi @lgngri! There are a few different notifications that are sent when auctions are about to end. It sounds like you're getting the HUB Notification that comes in at the 24 hour mark, but not the Push Notification that comes in at 15 min mark. Will you follow-up with an item number for a listing you missed out on? Are you transacting with this username? The mobile team would like to take a closer look. If you don't feel comfortable sharing that info here, please let me know and we can have you email the mobile team. 

Velvet,
eBay
Message 4 of 19
latest reply

There are multiple items that I already lost the count of. Here are couple of examples: 

https://www.ebay.com/itm/125303901506

https://www.ebay.com/itm/125299971506

https://www.ebay.com/itm/363824310364

There are many more. Yes, all transaction are under the same username, mobile or browser alike.

Message 5 of 19
latest reply

@lgngri wrote:

There are multiple items that I already lost the count of. Here are couple of examples: 

https://www.ebay.com/itm/125303901506

https://www.ebay.com/itm/125299971506

https://www.ebay.com/itm/363824310364

There are many more. Yes, all transaction are under the same username, mobile or browser alike.

Thanks @lgngri! I'll take this back to the team and let you know what I find out.

Velvet,
eBay
Message 6 of 19
latest reply

Same here i've missed out on a bunch of items i was interested in because i never got the 15 minute reminder. It started happening a few months ago. None of my settings have changed

Message 7 of 19
latest reply

Hi @lgngri and @omegafixx! I've heard back from the mobile team that these changes were brought about due to policy changes on the Android OS. It caused them to have to remove that capability. They said to mention that they're actively reviewing things on eBay's side as to how they can enable similar capabilities going forward. They also wanted to thank you for the feedback.

Velvet,
eBay
Message 8 of 19
latest reply

Thank you for that bit of info. I hope they can change it, maybe send us email reminders 15 minutes before.

Message 9 of 19
latest reply

Oh boy, the "its their fault" routine.  It seems like all of my other apps handle these "policy changes" just fine.  Only one app I use has this problem but nice try.  I gave up using the app to notify me months ago because its trash.  Keep drinking the koolaid.

Message 10 of 19
latest reply

I think its really counter intuitive to remove this feature? I would be interested to know how many users bid within the last seconds of an auction ending. This has certainly always been the way I bid, and now I am missing out on items that I didn't realised was ending.

It would certainly make me think twice about listing an item on eBay under the auction style format in future 

Message 11 of 19
latest reply

What about the option to be able to receive 1, 2 and 5 minute notices before the auction ends.

So for instance, I'll receive a notification that an auction/item is ending in 15 minuets. I used to be able to choose be notified 1,2 or 5 minuets before it ended at the 15 minuet notification. But for some time now I do not have that option any more. 

Is there a way I can get those notifications again?

Message 12 of 19
latest reply

Well I must say it was not very good of ebay not to notify its customers of this action. I have been trying to sort this problem out for months after missing so many items which I would have bid on. Thinking it was my phone that was at fault this information needs adding to the help section. Very Disappointed Customer. 

Message 13 of 19
latest reply

Same issue on iPhone as well, so definitely not related to Android policy changes.

Message 14 of 19
latest reply

I can't find any settings for bid notifications on my macbook. Do they exist?

Message 15 of 19
latest reply