cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No way to request total from seller

Why is it not possible to Request Total From Seller in the app? I go days without being near my desktop when I travel, but I still need an invoice sent. 

Message 1 of 11
latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

Re: No way to request total from seller

@ssgny

Thank you for posting. It is correct that request total is not available in the apps at this time. This is something we are looking into for the future.

Thanks

Message 2 of 11
latest reply

being able to send an invoice to buyers using a phone or tablet should be a basic standard function. Why the app was rolled out without the basics being in place in my opinion insane.

I have many messages asking me to send an invoice but i can't as i can't see inside their shopping carts. I ask them to go to the classic site and request a total from there.....classic site is horrible on a phone so that doesn't make a nice buying experience.

A customer recently said she would have to visit the local library and use a public computer as she no longer has a computer at home only her phone.

i mean REALLY does this have to be this way? its only going to get worse as more people use their phones and tablets for shopping.

We can't all offer free shipping, its just not possible and shipping is not really free. I don't want to tack on $3 to $4 on every item and brag its free shipping when the vast majority of people know they can get  better rates/deals when bundling many items into a flat rate box.

I am so annoyed to be honest , ts a HUGE time waster having to apologize for a non working ebay app and trying to find work arounds

Message 3 of 11
latest reply

From a buyer's viewpoint I too can't understand why this is even an issue. I will generally not purchase multiple items due to increased shipping charges. This hurts sellers. I have to go to town to have access with my computer. This is senseless in this era as I do everything else with my phone, including watching TV. I dumped the dish 10 years ago. Catch up eBay. You're losing out to Amazon, Walmart and others.
Message 4 of 11
latest reply

Not going to hold my breath, sellers have been asking for this basic function since day one.

Message 5 of 11
latest reply

This isn't a minor problem, its a HUGE problem! If sellers are losing business then eBay is losing business too! I have to explain daily to buyers that the eBay cell phone ap wont allow for requesting totals or combining shipping. I mean daily! There are MANY buyers who do not buy from computers. I feel bad having to apologize to people for this.  This needs to be fixed right away - today - NOW!  

Message 6 of 11
latest reply

I've been waiting on a resolution to this issue for some time now as well. I hope it will be resolved soon.
I lost $2.24 today because of this very situation. This is due to the additional shipping fees I incurred because my buyer could not request a total at checkout from his app. He had to 'buy it now' for each item, but only after I promised him that I would combine shipping manually and make full refund on the excess shipping paid. However, I am still responsible for the fees, as they are charged at the time of sale.
I was told that I could request a refund from eBay for these fees, but I make dozens of sales like these every month, and I doubt it will be worth the time to gather up all of my receipts to show my costs.
Message 7 of 11
latest reply

Here it is August 2019 and you still cannot request an invoice from a seller via a mobile device. 

Message 8 of 11
latest reply

Distant future, I might add.

Message 9 of 11
latest reply

I agree! This is a HUGE problem, if you only use your phone! When is eBay going to resolve this??

Message 10 of 11
latest reply

@mobile_feedback wrote:

@ssgny

Thank you for posting. It is correct that request total is not available in the apps at this time. This is something we are looking into for the future.

Thanks

@mobile_feedback 

It's been over a YEAR, Can we PLEASE for the love of god have a Request Total function?

Reality is the leading cause of stress.
Message 11 of 11
latest reply