cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forced “Good Till Canceled”

When you relist an item for sale, it automatically posts it up as “good til canceled”.... meaning they charge you. They don’t give you the option to have a regular 30 day listing on the mobile app. You have to do it on desktop. Stop charging us and forcing us to use “good till canceled”. You have to read the small print before you relist the item... they won’t even let you change it.

Message 26 of 125
latest reply
124 REPLIES 124

Forced to use Good Till Canceled in app !!!!!!

This is so messed up. I have to do the same thing as you. Write them out on the app and go on desktop to finish posting it. Just so I don’t get charged. It’s just wrong.

Message 46 of 125
latest reply

@labs118 wrote:

@mobile_feedback wrote:

@sdgla

When you list your items with Good Till Cancled it will include 8 free auto relists and these will not be taken out of your monthly listings.

Thanks

@mobile_feedback wrote:

@sdgla

When you list your items with Good Till Cancled it will include 8 free auto relists and these will not be taken out of your monthly listings.

Thanks

@mobile_feedback

Since when ? can you show me this on any of the ebay pages please?
So anyone who lists via mobile App using GTC gets 8 free auto relists?

Thanks

@mobile_feedback

Once again I will ask Since when ?  and can you show me/us on this thread how to find the information about getting 8 free auto relists?
These as far as everyone here knows come off the promotion listings of 50 free or store listings allotements it has never been a freebie .

As an ebay staff member you can't post such information on your community boards telling sellers that they are free relists when everyone here is saying they are not & never have been. These relists are eating up allotments or being charged to sellers accounts. 

If you can point out the ebay policy page with this information then each seller who is incorrectly charged for these listings or who have these taken from their allotment will be able to contact CS give them the link and get credits 

Thank you 

Message 47 of 125
latest reply

If a seller WANTS to list it as GTC, that is great ... for sellers who do not want ALL app listed re-listed items GTC, this is VERY BAD. Without options for duration on BIN listings created with new app - the app is unusable.
Message 48 of 125
latest reply

The new app update is terrible.  Cannot select duration of listing on app for fixed price listing.  

Created listing using phone app and then had to use P.C./desktop version to change it and then list it.  Something that took seconds is now minutes.  

Also, when I went to relist items those same items that didn’t sell,  I thought it would at least keep the 5 day duration that I originally used—-but no luck as it was changed to good til cancelled, which I hate.  

Any recommendations ? I call ebay and they said there was nothing they could do.  

Message 49 of 125
latest reply

I loved listing on the mobile app. It feels like I’m being penalized for using it now. Therefore, I am determined to end my GTC listings and go back to the tedious “advanced” listing method on my pc.
Message 50 of 125
latest reply

When I list using the app on this, my personal account, I am forced to list as Good Till Canceled. When I list using the app on the account I use for work, I have the option of setting the listing duration to however I see fit. I am using the exact same phone and exact same app and yet I am given different options. I should be given the option of setting the listing duration on any account using the app. These are my items that I am selling and I should have the freedom to make those decisions, not eBay.

Why are only some users being targeted and limited when using the app? I shouldn't have to have a computer to use eBay's full range of services all the sudden. It takes double the time, which means not only less money for me, and I'm sure this is the only part eBay cares about, but also less money for eBay. 

Message 51 of 125
latest reply

eBay removed the good to cancel option from all mobile apps.Now what we do is prep all auctions via app but save do not activate.Then you have to use a desktop browser to login go to each saved auction there you get the option in duration good until cancelled. eBay is about ready to death roll. They taken away all helpful option jumped all fees high and now offer no protection to sellers.Buyers can now swap item use for over a month or use it as need it then return in any condition and as long as a shipping return label shows delivered eBay fully refunds buyers without any seller inputs.had 4 items come back swapped for old items 2 came back fine just open and used for over a month eBay refunded as soon as tracking said delivery. I was told basically yes you can buy an item use it for awhile then say not as described return it for full refund.Sellers get no chance to inspect or object.Ebay suck now

Message 52 of 125
latest reply

Please fix this on going issue in the ios app ..When I relist it automatically goes to good till cancelled..This has been going on for months..We need to choose what duration we want !!!!!!!!

Message 53 of 125
latest reply

I love how there is no REAL resolution for this. They really are going to go ghost and not fix this issue. 

Message 54 of 125
latest reply

@retrothriftyfinds

Thanks for the post. Depending on a sellers account level some will have full options and some will have only good til canceled

Thanks

Message 55 of 125
latest reply

Yeah this is pretty shady and will cost them more in the long run as it won’t be cost effective for some people to use a PC to list. Myself included. Not worth the hassle.
Message 56 of 125
latest reply

I got charged when some relisted under my main seller acct.  ( I have 2 selling accts.)     This is something that is very , very sneaky of Ebay.  I do NOT trust them.  Yesterday,  I had 8 auctions end without bids.  Well  one of them automatically relisted.   I have no clue why ebay decided to relist that one and not the others. I was not charged.  I think that ebay again is testing things and using me as  a guinea pig.

Why can't this company be ethical and when a new policy starts,  let the seller know and let the seller decide if they want to participate.

Message 57 of 125
latest reply

My iphone when listing on ebay is so aggravating. I listed and pictured a bunch of items on iphone and automatically went to 30 days or good till cancelled. I had to end and relist all items on my PC. Also ebay site on iphone now decides that I want a BIN and automatically puts a price in too. Called ebay and they said YES THAT"S WHAT IT DOES NOW. So i decided to take pictures on iphone and set my listing requirements on my PC , that should so it,right? NOPE After pictures and my listing requirements (i.e., days listed) I went back to my ipad to put on ebay site, then guess what? I had to go back in and change all the listings cause they had BIN on each one. What happened???? I used to list, list and list with no problems!!
Message 58 of 125
latest reply

i loved it too! now it's quite a hassle. also if you start of PC, take pics and list on iphone, it automatically adds a BIN
Message 59 of 125
latest reply

Yes - why would any seller want an item GTC that when an auction is all about limited time to get the particular item wanted. Oh wait, now it's the site to try out items and send them back even when they are as described.
Message 60 of 125
latest reply