cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forced “Good Till Canceled”

When you relist an item for sale, it automatically posts it up as “good til canceled”.... meaning they charge you. They don’t give you the option to have a regular 30 day listing on the mobile app. You have to do it on desktop. Stop charging us and forcing us to use “good till canceled”. You have to read the small print before you relist the item... they won’t even let you change it.

Message 26 of 125
latest reply
124 REPLIES 124

Re: Forced “Good Till Canceled”

Not true. On my fixed price. 30 days is set automaticly for me. I can't change it on my eBay app on Android
Message 31 of 125
latest reply

I am furious with this change. With the “good till cancelled” listings you are charging me even more when they renew ... but more importantly it’s cost me a TON OF TIME to sit down at a computer and delist everything. Time that I do not have. Make the app work for choosing 30 day listings, make eBay user friendly, or you will be losing a lot of us. Sad. 

Message 32 of 125
latest reply

@medved7v7 wrote:
Not true. Mine is set 30 days for fixed opinion. I can't even change it. Please fix it fast

Thanks for posting. Could you please email us a screen shot of the app stuck at 30 days iosfeedback@ebay.com this will help us look into this.

Message 33 of 125
latest reply

Exactly!  This is a nightmare.  I sadly relisted a number of items via the app only to discover the "Good Till Canceled" the next day.  When I tried to change it to the original 30 day listing, I found that I can not do so either on the app or on my desktop.  The only way there seems to be around this is to cancel each of the listings and relist from a destop.  Of course when you do so you wind up using up your 50 free listings each month. 
Shame on you Ebay!   I will no longer be using the app to relist, or much  else.    When you choose to relist, the item(s) SHOULD relist the item as originally listed and not with Ebay's arbitrary choices made for you. 

Message 34 of 125
latest reply

@sdgla

When you list your items with Good Till Cancled it will include 8 free auto relists and these will not be taken out of your monthly listings.

Thanks

***Update on this:

The “automatically relist this item” feature available to some members does not count towards zero insertion fee listings and is free of charge. Seller-created or relisted items may be counted towards zero insertion fee listings both at the time of listing and upon each renewal (in the case of Good ‘Til Cancelled), depending on the tool used and the seller’s subscription level. We will correct the threads that indicate otherwise and get appropriate feedback to the mobile support teams that oversee those threads.  

Message 35 of 125
latest reply

That doesn’t fix the fact that you force people to use GOOD TIL CANCELED and we get charged. I should just report to the BBB. 

Message 36 of 125
latest reply

Thank you for your response.  That is good to know, but I still feel strongly that any changes, such as duration, made  to a listing via the app should be within the seller's control.  Thank you.

Message 37 of 125
latest reply

Then when are you changing it? 

Message 38 of 125
latest reply

@letsgetnerdy

Here is the information on listing duration and the limits for each listing tool:

https://www.ebay.com/help/selling/listings/creating-managing-listings/selecting-listing-duration?id=...

Message 39 of 125
latest reply

@mobile_feedback wrote:

@sdgla

When you list your items with Good Till Cancled it will include 8 free auto relists and these will not be taken out of your monthly listings.

Thanks

@mobile_feedback wrote:

@sdgla

Thanks

@mobile_feedback

Since when ? can you show me this on any of the ebay pages please?
So anyone who lists via mobile App using GTC gets 8 free auto relists?

Thanks

Message 40 of 125
latest reply

This is not right to do. On the eBay app when I would relist items it would let me choose the duration for FIXED price items. Now I am forced into "Good til canceled"? This doesnt make sense to do that.  We should always have a choice of the duration. This seems like a loop hole to trick sellers into paying more fees. 

Message 41 of 125
latest reply

Do the “good til cancelled” fees only apply once we have extended beyond our limit of free listings?

After having noticed this peculiar default a while back, I was informed via phone with eBay support that this auto-selection would not result in additional fees so long as I do not exceed the provided limit of “free listings.”

Message 42 of 125
latest reply

Ive wrote many complaints about this and it has slowed my sales down drastically we need to really have them change this

Message 43 of 125
latest reply

Ebay made this change inorder to screw sellers.  Do NOT list using an ipad or all of your fixed price becomes Good Till Cancelled.  There is no warning either.  I had 75 Good till cancelled sales under my main account and I ended ALL of them .   No freakin' way will I give these SOBS my money and having them relist automatically.  I decide when my ads start and when they end too . (yes , I will close an auction early inorder to relist if I have some freebies leftover and I am too tired to write a new ad.)

Ebay is aware of this.  They refuse to change it. I have even complained on  Facebook.  They wrote back to me that I would not be re-charged when they relist but they lied.   My brother too has an ebay acct. and he was charged.  He ended up closing around 20 auctions rather than pay ebay.   This is a bad thing that ebay has done.

I like to restart auctions while watching tv and using my ipad and now I can't do it.    I use my ipad for photos so to start an auction. I start writing the title and post the photos on my ipad and then I go to my laptop and finish writing the ad.  This takes more time.  Shame on you ebay.

As for 7 day auctions, I listed around 20 last week and about 5 of them have relisted.  I have no idea how Ebay decides which  one to relist.  There is no notification either if I revise the auction that it is going to relist.  I am NOT amused at all.  I don't even feel happy that I got some free relists.

Message 44 of 125
latest reply

Wow canceled 75 listing due to this is im sorry to hear that ..this is a major problem i have so much invetory i want to list but takes to long without the app
Message 45 of 125
latest reply