cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Android app not supported on older systems

If you have been notified that your eBay app is no longer supported here are some steps to get the latest version onto your device. To get the most up to date version you need to have Android 6 or higher on your device.

Android 6 and up get the latest version from the Google Play store

Android 5 get an older version from the Google Play store and we recommend you upgrade your system to Android 5.1.1.

Android 4 and below we recommend using the Chrome browser and visit ebay.com.

If there are difficulties getting the update to download please try the following:

https://support.google.com/googleplay/answer/9037938?hl=en

Thank you

Message 1 of 142
latest reply
141 REPLIES 141

Re: Android app not supported on older systems

Tried it.  It's useless.

Message 136 of 142
latest reply

I agree.  There is only one ebay app in my play store.  Where else should I look???  I try this at least 2 or 3 times a day.  It is a waste of time!!

Message 137 of 142
latest reply

Nothing works!  There is only one ebay app and it doesn't say it is the latest version.  I have used this for years and all of a sudden it is outdated???  

Message 138 of 142
latest reply

@rosannetiques 

Nothing works! There is only one ebay app and it doesn't say it is the latest version. I have used this for years and all of a sudden it is outdated?

What version of the eBay app do you have?

If you have an old version of Google Play Services or Google Play Store, that can prevent you from getting the latest version of the eBay app.

https://support.google.com/googleplay/answer/9037938?hl=en

Message 139 of 142
latest reply

I have the same problem.

The app could no longer be started, I uninstalled it, wanted to reinstall it, but can no longer find it in the Play Store because only the new version is displayed, which is not compatible with my device.

Your suggested solutions cannot work if you can no longer officially download the app.

APK Mirror or APK Pure are too unsafe for a shopping app, in my opinion.

Message 140 of 142
latest reply

apk apps are unsafe u r spot on. E-bay has messed up knocking thousands of users out by going to a 6.9 system and making my g-pad a 6.0 system useless for e-bay, so i thought,, if u really want to get back on e-bay with your old system , use your CHROME app. it works fine for me, just type in e-bay ,, pops right up and still knows its me,,,

Message 141 of 142
latest reply

Above all, I find the jump extreme, minimum requirement for the old app is Android 6.0, minimum requirement for installing the new app is Android 10.
I'm not happy with eBay via Chrome, the performance is very slow, the page doesn't update itself and I can't place bids on my Lenovo tablet because the input requires a comma but the number keyboard only offers a point.

Message 142 of 142
latest reply