cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Android app not supported on older systems

If you have been notified that your eBay app is no longer supported here are some steps to get the latest version onto your device. To get the most up to date version you need to have Android 6 or higher on your device.

Android 6 and up get the latest version from the Google Play store

Android 5 get an older version from the Google Play store and we recommend you upgrade your system to Android 5.1.1.

Android 4 and below we recommend using the Chrome browser and visit ebay.com.

If there are difficulties getting the update to download please try the following:

https://support.google.com/googleplay/answer/9037938?hl=en

Thank you

Message 1 of 142
latest reply
141 REPLIES 141

Re: Android app not supported on older systems

crome dosent work the app dosent work im not buying a new covid tracking phone this is plain discrimination and it must stop fix the app already

Message 91 of 142
latest reply

ebay wont upload screen shots

Message 92 of 142
latest reply

there trying to get everyone on a covid compliant phone so they can contact trace you so they can take your rights away and lock you up for any reason so if someone dies they can go after the last person you were close too

Message 93 of 142
latest reply

@hplmc 

Why doesn't Chrome work for you?

Try Firefox, or another browser.

Or try the third-party Fullscreen Tablet for eBay app.

Message 94 of 142
latest reply

you cant upload pictures but you can link them if there online somewere

this is what i get from flippin crome

Message 95 of 142
latest reply

ive posted pics of why it dosent work crome or any other browser just get black squares everywere if you cant help please dont reply it just clutters things up and then we never get a real answer from the people who need to step up and fix this shibit

Message 96 of 142
latest reply

I'm not buying a new phone
Message 97 of 142
latest reply

It's a nightmare same proles with mine guess I'm now off eBay I spent a lot this year they don't need my cash ?

Message 98 of 142
latest reply

I've never used the app.  Just use Chrome.  Always worked great till lately.  Now it makes me sign in over and over.  Use the captcha thing, then sign in again.  I'm in a Kafkaesque world in which I can now only use ebay from the desktop computer.  Not great for when I want to make last minute offers and I'm on the road.  Ebay really needs to get this fixed

Message 99 of 142
latest reply

I've never used the app.  Just log in on Chrome.  Worked fine.  Now, all of a sudden, I get error messages.  Plus, I can no longer sign in.  They make me do the captca thing, then it takes me back to the signin page, and we do the captcha thing... lather, rinse, repeat.  Would hate to see a really good company fall by the wayside due to simply not working with phones that millions of people (who are not insane enough to buy an apply product costing 10 times more that does very little more than my android) utilize.  This is ridiculous.  I am limited to only using ebay from my desktop, which leaves me out of bidding on items when I am away from the desktop.  This hurts sellers, who may have gotten better prices (I was willing to pay more than the final sale price.  But nope - made me sign in again - which it never let me do.  I ran to the computer, but it was too late - sale ended).  Great work there tech folk at Ebay!  Very impressive!

Message 100 of 142
latest reply

No.  No you can't.  You end up being told to sign in endlessly.  Even when I try to post this, it will make me sign it.  Then it will block me.  Ebay has really screwed the pooch.

Message 101 of 142
latest reply

@matthuskerfan 

Do other browsers give you the same problem, or only Chrome?

In some cases deleting your ebay.com cookies might help, particularly if you have a blocked or corrupt cookie.

If you get stuck in a verification loop, sometimes you may be able to tap on the eBay logo and get to the main page -- you may be signed in at that point.

Message 102 of 142
latest reply

@mobile_feedback wrote:

Android 4 and below we recommend using the Chrome browser and visit ebay.com.

Are you saying that Android-4-and-below users can get the eBay app update by using Chrome via the ebay.com website?  Or are you saying that Android 4 users should use the eBay.com website instead of the app?

Message 103 of 142
latest reply

@mangorunner 

Android 4 users should use a browser to go to the eBay.com website instead of the app.

Message 104 of 142
latest reply

1. I'm not going to upgrade my android 4 to android 5 just to get ebay. Too expensive a proposition. I'll be making all my purchases through Amazon. This is a disservice to your Ebay sellers.
Message 105 of 142
latest reply