cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Android app not supported on older systems

If you have been notified that your eBay app is no longer supported here are some steps to get the latest version onto your device. To get the most up to date version you need to have Android 6 or higher on your device.

Android 6 and up get the latest version from the Google Play store

Android 5 get an older version from the Google Play store and we recommend you upgrade your system to Android 5.1.1.

Android 4 and below we recommend using the Chrome browser and visit ebay.com.

If there are difficulties getting the update to download please try the following:

https://support.google.com/googleplay/answer/9037938?hl=en

Thank you

Message 1 of 142
latest reply
141 REPLIES 141

Re: Android app version no longer supported

IM UNABLE TO DOWLOAD IT, witch Version of Android schould i have to make it?

Message 16 of 142
latest reply

This is my question to another board.  I was referred to this one. "My android phone updated this A.M.. Now I get a message from eBay saying, "The eBay mobile website is no longer supported on this device. Access all your eBay activity from your desktop or a supported Apple, Android or Blackberry mobile device. Copyright 1995-2018 eBay Inc." I can view some things on the website, like my shopping cart and assorted items for sale, but I can't go to My eBay to do things there. What is going on? Are we being pushed to use the app instead of the website? I like my very secure browser better than using apps. My device is no older than it was before the update. Why would it not be supported? Makes no sense. Can anyone help?"

I am not using the app itself.  I had been using the mobile website with a safe browser.  But I was kicked off that this morning, at least part of it.  I use a Note9--NOT an old phone by any means.  And this only happened after the Samsung update.

Message 17 of 142
latest reply

@23greev*71 

Do you get the same message if you use another browser?

If you go to ebay.com and request the desktop site version of the page, can you then view your My eBay pages if you open them in the same browser tab?

For details of requesting the desktop site in various browsers, see here:

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Technical-Issues/Will-not-stay-in-Classic-Site-mode-listings-appear-in...

Message 18 of 142
latest reply

If you uninstall then go to the google play store and redownload the app it should install the correct version. If this issue persists you may want to check to see if there is a update for your phone. If the phone is older and can no longer be updated to the correct level to support and run the app you will need to get a newer phone or use the website.

Message 19 of 142
latest reply

@23greev*71 

Can you please email us a screen shot of the error, the URL from the browser and your ebay user ID to androidhelp@ebay.com. We will forward this to the correct team for the mobile web.

Thanks

Message 20 of 142
latest reply

Thank you for suggesting the use of a different browser.  I had been doing great with DuckDuckGo until the Samsung software update this morning.  I tried using the desktop site on the phone, but maneuvering the enlarging, etc., was too hard.  I then tried Firefox, which I do use some of the time on my laptop, and the regular mobile version worked fine!  I was surprised, because I don't understand why the update fouled up the interface with one browser and not the other.  So, since I don't know how to direct individual emails to open up to a particular browser, for now I'll go with Firefox as the default browser on the phone, while hoping that that doesn't mess up anything else I do.

Anyway, thank you for the link and the suggestion of using an alternate browser.  I'm happy to have my mobile version back.

Message 21 of 142
latest reply

I have a version 6 android with the latest version of the ebay app

For the past month or 2 I haven't been able to use the search/browse bar

You type in what you want to search, tap the go button, and then the app crashes and goes back to the home screen of the app

Message 22 of 142
latest reply

Honestly, this is terrible. 😞 There are some really **bleep** decisions that was made with the UI that is meant to take up space with each item a seller would have inside their List 📃 for sale or Sold list 📃. 😞 Also the Splash Screen pop up that waste almost 3 seconds of your time each time you enter back 🔙 inside the app. I already know that this was add awhile ago, but these are my reasons why I avoid the "New 🆕 " Ebay App like the Plague. It would slow down a few too many basic things that didn't need it in the first place, it would also ignore basic features that should have been added a long time ago like basic minor automation that way you can't be "Punished" or "Banned" from the platform because you used an Ebay API 3rd Party Automated Bot 🤖 (therefore you are in violation of the terms of service and need to leave the platform immediately), an Ebay Lite App version for Android users that have older Android phones with a lower OS or just lack of memory, having an ability to change your viewing layout towards list 📃 to help save space on your phone 📱 screen to help see more stuff (sort of what the old version of the Ebay Website before it got replaced), and 1 thing that I don't understand is why "Dark Mode" is soooooo "Difficult" to add towards Ebay in general? 😶 This is 1 of the easiest of changes that can be done and it's ridiculous that this wasn't added a long time ago as well. 😑

Message 23 of 142
latest reply

I have a Galaxy S7 running Android 8.0 and I received the "must update" when I tried to open my app version of ebay. Pressing update brings me to the App Store and the Ebay App. Pressing the update button sends me into a 'waiting for download' , but then does not proceed???

Message 24 of 142
latest reply

Just left message #23. Reading through replies to other folks, and so attempted the update for Google Play Services = received the same "Waiting for Download" but then no progress from there...? Will try uninstalling ebay app. SKD

Message 25 of 142
latest reply

So, uninstalled went to install, got the same waiting on download = I guess it is me and the Play Store....
Message 26 of 142
latest reply

@clocktickfixer 

Please try deleting the app, rebooting and then redownloading.

Thanks

Message 27 of 142
latest reply

Hi, please note that I had deleted app, and then attempted to reinstall, and again got hung up. Experimented with testing if Play Store needed updating - that seemed fine. Turned out to be some issue within GOOGLE PLAY, not sure who-what-why, but succeeded.... Thank you...
Message 28 of 142
latest reply

I'm having exactly the same situation.  The circle just spins round and round "waiting".

Message 29 of 142
latest reply

UPDATE

Make sure your phone's wifi icon is on when you do your download.  Mine was off, and the app downloaded once I turned it on.

Message 30 of 142
latest reply