cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RAF Badge?

I purchased this item, had no idea what it was until I spotted a similar item on Ebay.  From what online research I've done, I listed it here on Ebay as a British RAF WW 2 hat/beret badge. It has a firm felt-like back and I believe it is authentic, but I want to make sure the age is correct as I don't want to misrepresent the description of the piece. Can anyone out there advise me?

Thanks for your expertise!

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Re: RAF Badge?

You can go to eBay's United Kingdom (England) site an find both real an repops

What yer showing isn't WWII

http://www.ebay.co.uk

an look at eBay item number:

Or this link should take you to a WWII listing, with lots of pics

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/WWII-1940-039-s-RAF-SQDRN-LDR-PEAKED-CAP-HAT-WITH-BULLION-KINGS-CROWN-BADG...

search their site on da English stuff cause there's more of it there than here in USA.

Just my opinion

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

Thanks for your helpful suggestion. I already explored researching the UK site, but as you can see, the item to which you refer is a new replica piece, with some obvious differences. The closest thing I've encountered has been item 111133271581 which was listed in Australia. It is identical, except for the backing material.

Any other comments or thoughts are very appreciated!  I'm also attaching a pic of the back of the badge.

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

Let me get this straight...

I posted a link to a complete UK listing that sold an the seller listed as WWII Issued cap.

An you saying it's a replica ("to which you refer is a new replica piece" ) cause a person in Austrailia who has something similar to yours an calling it authenic WWII

So because you can't find anything excatlly like your Asian version everyone else inclundin pics at the RAF Museum in London are replicants an you have the only real WWII badge in da entire world....

All because nobody has one just like yours????????????????

OK, sure sure, I believe ya I'll just be backin outta dis box real slowly now...

See hands were ya can see em... no trouble now... whatever ya say... sure sure take it easy there

If you say it's da real thing go ahead an pay ta relist that as many times a you feel right bout it..

Too bad ya don't have da WWII Beret for dat puppy cause I heard that's a rare item also.

Just my, sure whatever ya say, opinion

If ya need a tissue there in the home an garden section under paper towels

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

My mistake. The cap and badge in the UK link photo you sent are genuine. I was looking at the wrong photo and it looks different.
Message 5 of 5
latest reply