cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I was told these are WW1 Military trousers. Can someone tell me more about them?

P9180008.JPG

I think I attached 3 more photos, but new to this. They are jodphurs, heavy twill type fabric so must have been for colder climate.

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Re: I was told these are WW1 Military trousers. Can someone tell me more about them?

With the laces and the flairs at the hips and the re-enforced inseam and seat I would agree they appear to be cavalry riding pants.  Are there any other markings, tags etc on the inside?

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

Re: I was told these are WW1 Military trousers. Can someone tell me more about them?

Never thought to look at the backside of the front pocket. The date shows 1935 so I guess not really WW1, also the only padding is on the insides of the legs, no backside padding. They appear to be never worn, or at least very very little wear. Any info will be much appreciated. 

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

@magrajac wrote:

Never thought to look at the backside of the front pocket. The date shows 1935 so I guess not really WW1, also the only padding is on the insides of the legs, no backside padding. They appear to be never worn, or at least very very little wear. Any info will be much appreciated. 

Well if it didn't have a tag like that, they wouldn't be authentic.

If you do a search on eBay fer WWI US pants you'll see a variety of descriptions for that style pant.

Including Calvary

eBay item number:

Search da interspiderywebbin fer

WWI 139th field artillery

An ya well find pics of Soldiers were pants just like that.

In WWII the uniforms changed slightly.

Until WWII da WWI uniform was worn

You Can wiki da company for info http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sigmund_Eisner

Still a desirable collector piece fer reenactment, VA stuff, or even a collector manikin for a uniform display.

Just my opinion
Message 4 of 4
latest reply