cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CAN ANYONE TELL ME IF THIS CLOTHING HAS MILITARY SIGNIFICANCE ? I believe it's original c70s tyia

037.JPG034.JPG036.JPG076.JPG

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Re: CAN ANYONE TELL ME IF THIS CLOTHING HAS MILITARY SIGNIFICANCE ? I believe it's original c70s tyi

Yes, M60A1 tank. My first thought was 2nd Squadron 1st Cavalry, but think they use “Troop” rather than “Company”.

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

Re: CAN ANYONE TELL ME IF THIS CLOTHING HAS MILITARY SIGNIFICANCE ? I believe it's original c70s tyi

The sequencing on the shirt probably refers to Company C, 2nd Battalion, 1st Brigade. It seems likely that it would be from one of the Armored Divisions but, pretty much all Divisions include some armor.
Message 3 of 5
latest reply

"Men of Steel" is the motto for the 135th Tank Battalion, later designated 2nd Battalion, 203rd Armor. The unit was part of the Missouri National Guard/35th Infantry Division. They lost their tanks in 1967.

Your items look newer than that....could be wrong. Need to see tags for a better idea.

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

thumbnail.jpgthumbnail2.jpgYes, agreed, they look 70s to me.

Message 5 of 5
latest reply