cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When will USPS shipping label cost be deducted from pending balance in managed payments?

I was wondering if anyone knew when they were going to add the feature of the USPS shipping label cost being deducted from the pending balance in managed payments.  

Message 1 of 14
latest reply
13 REPLIES 13

When will USPS shipping label cost be deducted from pending balance in managed payments?

@myclutteredcoop wrote:

I was wondering if anyone knew when they were going to add the feature of the USPS shipping label cost being deducted from the pending balance in managed payments.  

The Update says "in the future", and I suspect that's all the information we will get.

At least they didn't say "soon".

Message 2 of 14
latest reply

I'm not sure why that is so important, it comes out of PAYPAL account the same day it's (the label) printed. 

Message 3 of 14
latest reply

I thought that I read somewhere that it would be added to your monthly invoice.

"Those who enter the arena unarmed or unprepared are quickly dispatched."
Message 4 of 14
latest reply

@tdumonde2014 wrote:

From the Update:

In the future, we’ll add:

• Simplified payment for shipping labels.You will have the option to deduct USPS shipping label fees from your pending payout.

When the "future" arrives is anyones guess.

Message 5 of 14
latest reply

Managed payments doesn't pay to Paypal. It pays within 2-4 business days to a bank account. Labels still have to be paid for using paypal, which means you can no longer use the payment made by customer to pay for shipping label. Basically managed payments forces you to "front" the money for shipping, knowing that in 4 days you'll get it back. 

You either connect Paypal to bank account/debit card (and take from your account) or use a platform like Stamps.com and preload it with money to cover shipping.

Either way, this whole thing just got more complicated- and in the case of me and many other power sellers, we are being FORCED to join managed payments on October 22nd of this year. 

Message 6 of 14
latest reply

I haven't heard anything about having to join on Oct. 22. Where did you hear that? I really hope that isn't true.
Message 7 of 14
latest reply

This is how I use my paypal account right now.

1.  I keep a small balance in my account that I use to pay for things I buy on line -INCLUDING EBAY- purchases.  Fast and easy.  No having to take it out of my checking account nor having my credit card information all over the net.

2.  Any shipping cost are deducted right from the money I receive for an item I sold.  Again, fast and easy.

3.  I pay all final valuation fees that were incurred from selling an item the same day I ship.  Fast and easy and I don't owe eBay a thing nor am I hit with a large amount due on my account.  We are even steven always.

4.  I can transfer to my checking account any excess money I want from my paypal account and it shows up within 24 hours.  Fast and easy.

So tell me eBay, will your managed payments option do this for me?  I think you forget … it's my money and I should be able to use it how, where and when I want and not be forced to leave it in your hands for 2-4 days so you can draw interest on it.  The main problem I have is that with paypal I control my money with eBay's managed payments YOU control my money, and personally, I don't believe anyone but ME should control it.

Though the beauty may be in the butterfly, the struggle and growth occur in the cocoon.
Message 8 of 14
latest reply

@tealt wrote:

@tdumonde2014 wrote:

From the Update:

In the future, we’ll add:

• Simplified payment for shipping labels.You will have the option to deduct USPS shipping label fees from your pending payout.

When the "future" arrives is anyones guess.

Why is everything that already works this way on other sites that use Adyen always in the 'future' for ebay?

Message 9 of 14
latest reply

@flipping_treasures wrote:

1.  I keep a small balance in my account that I use to pay for things I buy on line -INCLUDING EBAY- purchases.  Fast and easy.  No having to take it out of my checking account nor having my credit card information all over the net.

2.  Any shipping cost are deducted right from the money I receive for an item I sold.  Again, fast and easy.

3.  I pay all final valuation fees that were incurred from selling an item the same day I ship.  Fast and easy and I don't owe eBay a thing nor am I hit with a large amount due on my account.  We are even steven always.

4.  I can transfer to my checking account any excess money I want from my paypal account and it shows up within 24 hours.  Fast and easy.

So tell me eBay, will your managed payments option do this for me?  I think you forget … it's my money and I should be able to use it how, where and when I want and not be forced to leave it in your hands for 2-4 days so you can draw interest on it.  The main problem I have is that with paypal I control my money with eBay's managed payments YOU control my money, and personally, I don't believe anyone but ME should control it.

Well, for starters, PayPal is fronting you the money. If you had your own web site and your own CC processor, you can authorize the charge, but couldn't settle the credit card until you shipped out the order.

Message 10 of 14
latest reply

@myclutteredcoop wrote:
I haven't heard anything about having to join on Oct. 22. Where did you hear that? I really hope that isn't true.

Some posts have been made referring to that date for some to be inducted, or depart. EDIT: Nothing official. Just posts from sellers stating that they got the message.

As an invitee from day 1 on one of my accounts, I recently chose to leap into the MP pool.  I expected that I may be in one of the early waves of forced compliance.

I am not opposed to MP. Was just waiting to get more info about MP, PP for buyers to be an option, and to open an eBay dedicated checking account.

Message 11 of 14
latest reply

@klogmancollectibles wrote:

Managed payments doesn't pay to Paypal. It pays within 2-4 business days to a bank account. Labels still have to be paid for using paypal, which means you can no longer use the payment made by customer to pay for shipping label. Basically managed payments forces you to "front" the money for shipping, knowing that in 4 days you'll get it back. 

You either connect Paypal to bank account/debit card (and take from your account) or use a platform like Stamps.com and preload it with money to cover shipping.

Either way, this whole thing just got more complicated- and in the case of me and many other power sellers, we are being FORCED to join managed payments on October 22nd of this year. 

So you've been told it's PS who are being forced to join MP in October?

Reality is the leading cause of stress.
Message 12 of 14
latest reply

@earlyant-77 wrote:

@flipping_treasures wrote:

Well, for starters, PayPal is fronting you the money. If you had your own web site and your own CC processor, you can authorize the charge, but couldn't settle the credit card until you shipped out the order.

Ummmmm … no paypal isn't fronting me the money.  The money is from the buyers who have bought the items I am selling and PAID FOR THEM through paypal.  Paypal to my knowledge has never given me the ability to get an advance to my account.  The only way my account gets money in it is if a buyer pays for and item OR if I put money into my account with my bank account.  So once that money has hit my account … it is mine to do with as I see fit.  NOT so with eBays managed payments.  

Though the beauty may be in the butterfly, the struggle and growth occur in the cocoon.
Message 13 of 14
latest reply

@chasearooauctions wrote:

I'm not sure why that is so important, it comes out of PAYPAL account the same day it's (the label) printed. 

Because its part of the incomplete accounting end of MP ... it means data is being kept in two places where as with PayPal(ie NON MP members) it's all on ONE database and can be easily sorted and organize for tax purposes.

Regards,
Mr. Lincoln - Community Mentor
Message 14 of 14
latest reply