cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wondered back to the bay....

I've seen some old names on this board and had to smile. I'm happy to see some of the "old" peeps still around. Waving "Hi!" to all. Me, I'm still cutting and just enjoying life in general. I hope y'all are doing fine!

Take care, mc

Message 1 of 17
latest reply
16 REPLIES 16

Re: Wondered back to the bay....

Good grief, Gosh, Golly Gee!  If it isn't the opal cutting guru!

I'm still plugging along selling here, mediorce at best.  So many changes and rules.

Semi-retired from my pawnshop business so have the freedom to travel or just be a bum.  Life is good.

Great to "see" you!

Message 2 of 17
latest reply

Sooo glad to see ya MC! I'm considering firing up my Dremel again (again!). Want to cut some of my favorite flavor stones but the rough is plenty expensive. Miss the day when you could get a big jar of potch & color without breaking the bank.

Don't be a stranger 🙂

Allison

Message 3 of 17
latest reply

Hi boji,

I'm happy to hear all is well and going good for you. Cudos for trying to stay on the bay, I decided not to bother with the **bleep**. Enjoy retirement, I am! 🙂

take care,

mc

Message 4 of 17
latest reply

Hi thirry,

I hope you fire up your dremel! You amazed me with what you could do with just a dremel. Did you ever use the laps I gave you(just curious)?

I agree opal rough is ridiculously expensive. I'm cutting old stock, mostly purchased 20 years ago. You ever get back in the Atl area? If you do, maybe we could have coffee and chat a bit.

Take care,

mc

Message 5 of 17
latest reply

Hi Mc!!!!

``````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

“Never pick a fight with an ugly person. They don’t have anything to lose.” ~Robin Williams
Message 6 of 17
latest reply

Welcome back!  

She who dies with the most toys still dies; when's the estate sale?
Message 7 of 17
latest reply

Hi back, and don't you ever be shy about posting any pics of those gorgeous pieces of earth!

^_^
Message 8 of 17
latest reply

Just poking my head back in to the boards. Hope to be back soon selling. Still have to get set up on our new property and get walls in my workspace. Hope all is well with everyone. McOpals good to see you and everyone here. 

Message 9 of 17
latest reply

Nice to see the familiar names.  I too look forward to seeing some of your opals Mc.

Though the beauty may be in the butterfly, the struggle and growth occur in the cocoon.
Message 10 of 17
latest reply

Hi everyone! It is great to see some names I recognize!  I have many old pics of opals, really not any new ones. When I stopped selling online, I pretty much stopped taking pictures of my stones, no need too. If y'all want to see some of the old ones, just let me know. I will also start taking some newer pics as I cut new opals. I'm about to cut an opal next. A trillion cut. If it turns out well, I'll post a picture of it. Until then, only older pics to show.

Take care,

mc

Message 11 of 17
latest reply

ok, my phone will not take a decent picture, so here is some oldies but goodies. Hope you enjoy.

mc

Square crystal opalSquare crystal opalTriangle Black OpalTriangle Black OpalHeart crystal OpalHeart crystal OpalOctal Crystal OpalOctal Crystal Opal

Message 12 of 17
latest reply

The first one pictured is my favorite

Message 13 of 17
latest reply

A feast for the eyes....
I don't remember them from before, so they're good as new to me ^_^
Message 14 of 17
latest reply

A quick look at my cutting table for the curious. Starts with large rough to finished jewlery left to right.

Larger roughLarger roughSmaller roughSmaller roughFinished gems & jewleryFinished gems & jewleryA few boxed up & ready to goA few boxed up & ready to go

Message 15 of 17
latest reply