cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help with identifying this mark

This is a little 10k gold ring I found. The maker's mark looks like the astrological sign for Leo with the letter Z in-between. I'm stumped!20230130_165205.jpg20230130_165226.jpg

Message 1 of 11
latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

Re: Help with identifying this mark

Good morning toolbelt_woman,

I took a rather extensive look at the Jewler's mark and just from experience alone it's definitely something that I don't recognize at all. Regardless, I tried to cross reference this mark with modern and antique vintage compendiums and have come up with no results. More than likely, this is a mass-produced piece by a jeweler's supplier. I usually see pieces like these quite often when I order from suppliers. Of course, this is a just a hypothesis on my end and you can always take my opinion as a grain of salt. Best of luck to you with finding the ID on this piece. Perhaps someone may find something else that I have overlooked.

Message 2 of 11
latest reply

Looks like Omega Zeta Omega to me. Maybe not a maker's mark but a sorority chapter identification?

Message 3 of 11
latest reply

Now that you mentioned it, I can also see the sorority mark being a definite possibility. Good find on your end pargran3. More than likely, we can infer to the fact that this must have been an order with a jeweler and someone from the sorority wanted an engravement of the name on the ring. Again, just a theory on my part.

Message 4 of 11
latest reply

@pargran3 

What if MM is flipped?

Screenshot_20230130-183612_Chrome~4.jpg

 now it looks like UZU jewelry doesn't it?

@toolbelt_woman 

Message 5 of 11
latest reply

Possible I guess. Hard to tell which way is up.

Message 6 of 11
latest reply

Thank you everyone for your help. Very good observations and theories, especially the possible sorority link. There are definitely Omega Zeta Omega chapters out there; will have to look to see if there is one here in Washington state where I am located.

It is a small ring so I assume it is a woman's ring. The design is interesting, almost like the twisted tines on barbed wire. Not something an older woman would wear unless she were a wild one, ha-ha!

Message 7 of 11
latest reply

Please show the other Mark.

Message 8 of 11
latest reply

It just says K10

Message 9 of 11
latest reply

Thank you.

Putting the K before the karat value is a known Japanese way of marking.

There might also be other countries but not sure.

Message 10 of 11
latest reply

This is just a guess regarding the Mark. Looking closely each end resembles a snake head with maybe with a shared or intertwined tails.

Message 11 of 11
latest reply