cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help to Identify

be;lt 4.jpgbelt 2.jpgbelt 3.jpgI have had this handmade artisan belt from the 70's.  The belt is brass with coins from all over the world, genuine turquoise stones and misc. stones from other jewelry pieces.  Truly a piece of art.  I need any information on what you would call this piece should I decide to sell it, or any information at all.  Thank you. 

Message 1 of 11
latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

Help to Identify

@humingbird1 

Oh this is fun because both of my eyes are dilated right now!!!

I'll take a stab at it and call it: 

Encrusted Boho Artisan belt or better yet get my pal @maeday76  She will know some cool jargon to call it!

Message 2 of 11
latest reply

Help to Identify

Thank you, sounds good.  Can you ask your friend, you didn't give me a full email address.  Thanks again.

Message 3 of 11
latest reply

Help to Identify

@humingbird1 

I tagged Maeday ( poster) she must be busy. OK my eyes are no longer dilated so let's see....you have a very cool belt so I would use keywords like:

Brutalist  artisan design vintage 70s, boho, hippie, brass belt.

description: This artisan encrusted design metal belt features coins, stones and is truly a work of art. Measures xxxxxx by xxxxxxx. No missing stones or coins......

Hun, keep in mind to use keywords in the title that buyers will type in when looking for something like this. The words boho, hippie tend to be used frequently as they're easy to spell ( that's a real problem in today's society)

Good luck, it's really nice and fun!

Message 4 of 11
latest reply

Help to Identify

I would include Ball Chain if room allows.

How many inches?

Message 5 of 11
latest reply

Help to Identify

@old.crows.nest 

Yes, I would too. Gawd I can't wait to see again!!! Surgery is the 22nd, spread it around!!!! Yeah!

Message 6 of 11
latest reply

Help to Identify

I hope your surgery goes well ☺

Message 7 of 11
latest reply

Help to Identify

Thank you so much!!!!  I will definitely use those words.  How much do you think I should ask?????

Message 8 of 11
latest reply

Help to Identify

Thank you, I will add both those descriptions.

Message 9 of 11
latest reply

Help to Identify

@humingbird1 

I would ask at least $149 and higher. Stress that you know the provenance about the piece ie; 1970s,  real stones, handmade by artisan etc.

Reference to Renaissance fairs would be great too in description. 

Best of luck to you, take wonderful pictures with white background! 

@old.crows.nest 

Thank you for the kind wishes and assistance as always. Silver

Message 10 of 11
latest reply

Help to Identify

The piece was made in Yellow Springs, OH - the place that Dave Chappelle (the comedian) is originally from.  It's a very free spirited town then and today.  Thanks for the info.

Message 11 of 11
latest reply