cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Would like some help with this Coro sterling Mexico bracelet please...tia!!!

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

Re: Would like some help with this Coro sterling Mexico bracelet please...tia!!!

Im pretty much lost on this piece.. hope the pics are ok.

Message 2 of 9
latest reply

Re: Would like some help with this Coro sterling Mexico bracelet please...tia!!!

Hi, I think this is a "Forget Me Not" bracelet from WWII.  Names could be engraved on the blank panels.  Also, I believe the flowers are Forget Me Nots.  Maybe this will help research, anyway.  Claudia

Message 3 of 9
latest reply

1940s would be the right era.  I really like this bracelet.  I also believe that Claudia has nailed the purpose of this piece to a T.

Though the beauty may be in the butterfly, the struggle and growth occur in the cocoon.
Message 4 of 9
latest reply

Yes, forget me not. WWII era, classed as sweetheart or sentimental jewelry. Coro was not the only manufacturer, some were unsigned. Apparently you bought the links individually and had a jeweler engrave the names; you could also buy links with military service insignia. Some were for families, some for people who worked together, some for classmates.

flotsamlogo
Message 5 of 9
latest reply

Cool! heart
Message 6 of 9
latest reply

Thank you ladies so much! I had never associated Coro with Mexican sterling.. learned something new yet today! You all rock!

Message 7 of 9
latest reply

One more thing...do you think that the fact that it is not engraved will add or subtract from the value??

Message 8 of 9
latest reply

I agree learned something new about Coro making Mexcian silver.

Message 9 of 9
latest reply