cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Another comment on views & watches on auction item

Wanted to share info on an item that didn't sell yesterday.  The item had 54 views and 5 watchers and didn't sell.  (It was a nice long sleeve shirt  Polo by Ralph Laren from my dad's estate.) On a good note - I had a wonderful charm brackelet returned to me  yesterday.  (Nothing wrong with it jbuyer changed mind.)  Once i made sure it was in the same condition and all the charms in place offered the next bidder second chance.  Sold!! Item paid for and going to be shipped today.  

Message 1 of 10
latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

Sometimes I think other sellers watch to see what your goes for. I'm noticing a lot of sniping going on 😞
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Go sell crazy someplace else, we're all stocked up here.

As Good as It Gets I absolutely love this movie
Message 2 of 10
latest reply

I agree with you that some sellers watch other seller items.  On this item I had 54 views - which is the most I've ever had on an item.  With my vintage jewelry usually if I have a couple of watchers and several views then there is good chance the item will sell.  Now I'm also seeing last minute bids on most everything I sell.  Not the way I buy something.  I'll put a bid in and then add the highest I am willing to pay for something under the next box.  So if I get the item great but I don't spend the time trying to snip.  .  

Message 3 of 10
latest reply

Some sellers will watch an item to see how it does, either because they have something similar or they're just interested. DH will occasionally watch a particularly interesting jewelry item even though we don't source on eBay. And didn't there use to be something that would bump an item to the top of a category if it got a ton of watchers? I remember boardies watching some especially wow items that other boardies were selling. (That might have gone away with the advent of Cassini.)

But 5 lookie-loos and no bids? That sounds like at least one of your watchers missed the ending.

flotsamlogo
Message 4 of 10
latest reply

I agree that many watchers are other sellers looking for comparable sale prices for similar items they want to sell.
The shirt you posted here - I think shipping price could keep some from buying ($12.65 to ship within same state; that gets the total cost up pretty high). Perhaps offer a lower cost shipping option?
Message 5 of 10
latest reply

Didn't think about the shipping cost on that item.  I was trying to stuff the shirt into a Med. priority box.  I just got some large plastic envelopes that can fit clothing and not have to charge the shipping that priority would be.  I pretty much only sell jewelry and shipping on small itmes doesn't cost that much.  Might try the shirt later in January with a better shipping price.  Good catch  you solved the issue!!!

Message 6 of 10
latest reply

I have had items with a lot of views and a few watchers, and it would end with no bids, then someone will send me e-mail saying they were interested in the item and can they buy it for XXX price, I tell them I will relist for that XXX price.. I do so and it still does not sell, then I think at this point someone is messing with me..

I also agree the shipping price is what the problem was with your shirt.. It is a nice shirt..

Message 7 of 10
latest reply

I'm finding that the items with tons of views and watchers don't usually sell 😞

But items I've had listed forever with hardly any interest will sell at BIN or Best Offer Smiley Surprised

I've decided there is no rhyme or reason, if the right buyer comes along at the right time the items sellsSmiley LOL

Message 8 of 10
latest reply

That's the Sales Fairy in action!

Really, though DH says that for every item, no matter what the price, there's that one person who really, really wants it. The trick is getting it in front of that buyer's eyes.

flotsamlogo
Message 9 of 10
latest reply

If I get a good offer to BIN I change the price and tell them to bid and then end the item to the winner. Maybe that will help???
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Go sell crazy someplace else, we're all stocked up here.

As Good as It Gets I absolutely love this movie
Message 10 of 10
latest reply