cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The New Item Specifics Are Here

I'm in the process of relisting some item and have noticed that the "New Item Specifics" are in place.  So far my jewelry listings have not been affected.  They are just mixed up a bit.  I don't know about other categories, but you might want to check them out.  Hope everyone's are also OK without major changes.  Good luck.

Though the beauty may be in the butterfly, the struggle and growth occur in the cocoon.
Message 1 of 44
latest reply
43 REPLIES 43

Re: The New Item Specifics Are Here

I just noticed I got **bleeped**, never had that before!  

Message 16 of 44
latest reply

Oh treasure, you've not lived until you have been "bleeped" by eBay.  Congrats, you have arrived!  You are now a true groupie!

Though the beauty may be in the butterfly, the struggle and growth occur in the cocoon.
Message 17 of 44
latest reply

I don`t think I will ever predict anything again. 

Few years back when all the clothing  Item Spec changes & 1 at a time nitemare began & continued for many, many months!!  I remember saying that the next time we`ll  probably have to add the 'recommended too'  in order for the circle to close & have our items show in search.   I promise I`ll never do it again!

I got my few  Item Specifics Required items done today..will go back to my Lot 'Recommendeds'  now needed tomorrow. (maybe)

I feel so bad for all you sellers that have oodles of jool listings.. 

~~~Sarah~~~There's only ONE bad day when you love an animal
Message 18 of 44
latest reply

I'm waiting until Monday to do most of them.  I'll plow through the Requireds first and then have "doesn not apply" in a text file to be copied and pasted early and often.  Some items I'm just plain taking down and donating.  Saves grief.

She who dies with the most toys still dies; when's the estate sale?
Message 19 of 44
latest reply

where did you find the "tell us what you think" ? at?

Message 20 of 44
latest reply

Look at your Active Listings.  Click the header for Required Soon.  Click a Required Soon link to the right of the title.  You'll see it.  Upper right corner of that box.   I think enough loud screams have been head that the physical impact is being felt even if they can't hear anything.  Not that it'll do any good. 

She who dies with the most toys still dies; when's the estate sale?
Message 21 of 44
latest reply

They really don`t want me to tell them what I think!! 

Why do we even have to write a description anymore???

Here`s just a sample on a pair of KJL  costume earrings.  So many stupid drop down boxes to fill in on everything!!! 

Item specifics

Seller Notes:
“Excellent Pre-owned”

Features:
Crystals
Setting Style:
Pavé
Base Metal:
Unknown
Jewelry Department:
Fashion
Certification:
NA
Main Stone Treatment:
NA
Department:
Women
Total Carat Weight:
NA
Main Stone Color:
Clear
Ear Area:
Lobe
Metal:
Unknown
Number of Gemstones:
NA
Main Stone Shape:
Round
Secondary Stone:
NA
Modified Item:
No
Brand:
Kenneth Jay Lane
Item Length:
1 1/4 inch
Style:
Classic
Era:
Contemporary 2000-Present
Number of Diamonds:
NA
Diamond Clarity Grade:
NA
Country of Origin:
Unknown
Cut Grade:
NA
Color:
Gold
Gemstone Clarity Grade:
NA
Signed:
Yes
Country/Region of Manufacture:
Unknown
Closure:
Clip-On
Material:
Mixed Materials
Metal Purity:
Unknown
Customized:
No
Colored Diamond Intensity:
NA
Main Stone:
Crystal
Item Diameter:
NA
Diamond Color Grade:
NA
Type: 
Earrings
ASSININE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Message 22 of 44
latest reply

I was gettin so frustrated..on 1 vintage goldtone , all metal bracelet..where it asks for number of diamonds..I wrote in all caps  NONE!!!!!  I swear if I could reach out & touch..somebody would have to bail me outta jail! 

After the week I`ve had with T..then to  have to go thru this nonsense..I`m ready to hurt somebdy big time! 👹

Message 23 of 44
latest reply

Hugs Sarah.  I am not touching a thing in my current listings.  On pieces I have checked the original item specifics are still there and are showing in the listing.  I'm hoping they get it straightened out soon.  If they keep it the way it is it I think it will lead to jewelry sellers NOT using item specifics.  I might just use my own specifics.  I have to admit seeing all the "recommended item specifics" at 25 or more on all my listings does drive me nuts.

Message 24 of 44
latest reply

I have a double whammy of item specifics.  I sell diamonds and gold for work and costume on my own account.  Like Sandy says, it's too daunting to try and add recommendeds to existing listings, so I'm adding them from now forward.  I have been adding required all along and will leave fields that don't pertain blank.  Tedious process, but try not to stress too much over it, Sarah.  You have more important things going on in your life.  ebay shouldn't add to the stress you're already experiencing ♥️.

I'm not a hoarder! There's a price tag on everything!
Message 25 of 44
latest reply

If it makes you feel any better ... we are not alone.

Updates are happening to some item specifics and c... - The eBay Community

Message 26 of 44
latest reply

PS ... and this thread is still alive ... if you want to let eBay know how you feel.

Message 27 of 44
latest reply

I can't think of any other reason for these changes except it's all planned destruction in the guise of streamlining.  All the jewelry categories had very nice, specific separations.  It's going to make it so much harder for buyers to find specific things like Art Deco, Victorian Era, Mexican or Southwestern made, for example.  They don't want the little guy to win anymore.  All this is going to benefit will be the big corporate stores.  They make it harder and harder for us small time sellers to succeed.  Makes me want to cry.

Message 28 of 44
latest reply

As I stated on the other thread ... IMHO...This doesn't just effect small sellers.  This effects ALL sellers of jewelry, be it new, old, fashion (costume) , or fine, be they small or big, yes even the Chinese sellers.  It absolutely effects everyone selling and BUYING on eBay.  Actually it effects the big sellers more, they have more listings that will need to be fixed.

Message 29 of 44
latest reply

I GIVE!  I can't take it any more.  It has been more than a week.  I am trying to list items and it was driving me crazy!  UNTIL I noticed that there are two types of item specifics ... required and recommended.  So I am going through my listings and adding the REQUIRED item specifics.  Now personally I find it a little ... OK ... a lot annoying that in my title I have pin or brooch, the item is listed under the category of brooch or pin, in the description it says brooch or pin,  and the missing REQUIRED item specific is BROOCH or PIN!  This goes for necklace, bracelets, earrings, and rings as well.  I guess their bots can't pick the item specific up from any of the areas where I put what the item is! 

When I can stand it, I might take a look at what is recommended, but I won't promise.  Still takes for ever to scroll through all the item specifics listed that has nothing to do with what I am listing.

Message 30 of 44
latest reply