cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Taxco Sterling Earrings... can you read the stamp and any ideas?

I'm sure these are probably 1940s.  Any ideas who made them?  I didn't capture it well, but there is a stamp on the area where it would touch the ear (where the screw goes down).  I can't read it at all, but it's obviously a mark of some sort.  Other than that they say Sterling Taxco.

100_7666.JPG100_7665.JPG100_7660.JPG

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Re: Taxco Sterling Earrings... can you read the stamp and any ideas?

The mark that is under the screw is the marking of an eagle.  You should try to see if you can make out any letter or numbers inside the eagle.

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

I am probably way off but based on the earring's design I would look for Spatling Marks to compare your "Mystery Mark" to.

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

I am thinking I see something similar to the first Marks on this page but I really do not see the Mark clearly enough to say with any certainty:

http://www.925-1000.com/mx_spratling_marks.html

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

I see what you mean about the Spratling mark.  I'm not sure though.  And no, there is no eagle.  I'll have to try to get better pictures.  These were not even intentional because I did not see the mark until after I cropped the photo!  It is definitely a maker's mark of some sort ... just well worn.

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

I'm not an expert but I believe it looks like a Spratling design. That was my first thought on seeing what I can see of the mark also.

Message 6 of 6
latest reply