cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Seeking maker's mark ID

This monster pendant came in a lot of Native American jewelry, but it obviously depicts the zodiac sign, Aries, so I don't think it's N/A.  It's not marked but tested sterling silver and weighs almost 3 ounces.  There are initials on the lower right front, and the roman numerals on the back signify the number or date, 1935.  I've exhausted all my avenues of research and am asking if any of you recognize the mark on the back?  Thanks if you can and thanks if you can't 😀!

aries2.JPG

aries5.JPG

aries4.JPG

aries7.JPG

I'm not a hoarder! There's a price tag on everything!
Message 1 of 10
latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

Re: Seeking maker's mark ID

There is a feel to this of Scandinavian imagery. The general shape with the leaves border. The  cliff or cleaving ice in the background with the star reminds me of enamel jewelry from the area.

Message 2 of 10
latest reply

Sorry can’t help,  but wow I love that.  That is one strong legged ( horselike ) ram.  🤣

Hope someone can shed some light on it.  

Message 3 of 10
latest reply

Got me fumbuzzled! 

It`s a nice looking pendant..seems like there`s a gazillion JB artists (if I`m seeing the initials right). 

~~~Sarah~~~There's only ONE bad day when you love an animal
Message 4 of 10
latest reply

My eyes see EUH as the initials.  

Message 5 of 10
latest reply

Ok I am a weird theorist here, and I hope you can identify the initials on front. The back though reminds me of engraving initials for someone and given as a gift and the roman numerals year. Just a thought.

Great piece!

Message 6 of 10
latest reply

I think the carving on the front and the last letter on the back (that looks like an H) both look like different ways to artistically draw the initials "JHE". 

I think it it hand poured and a gift for someone who is Aries and born in 1935.

Message 7 of 10
latest reply

Great theories about the back being someone’s monogram, and the gift year. That H looks like a cursive J C to me with some sort of symbol connecting the two. Very unusual and lovely piece. Perhaps someone more familiar with imagery could speak to the design as I think it important. 

Message 8 of 10
latest reply

Thanks to everyone who responded.  It's really a special piece.  I think it's custom and I may never find out the maker.  I'm going to go with the theory that the initials on the back are the giftee's, and the roman numerals are a date pertaining to that person.  The initials on the front look like JB to me, but they could be a combination of several letters.

OCN, good to see you!  Thanks for a research direction.  Who knows?  Maybe it is Scandanavian?

Here's another picture of the letters and numerals on the back:

aries8.JPG

I'm not a hoarder! There's a price tag on everything!
Message 9 of 10
latest reply

I'm not sure it's this old, but I would agree with the take that MCMXXXV is 1935.  It certainly could be that old.

Message 10 of 10
latest reply