cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OCTOBER, NOVEMBER, DECEMBER ... CHAT

As the temperature decreases ... we all need a place to 

chat.jpg

and stay warm with friends.

Though the beauty may be in the butterfly, the struggle and growth occur in the cocoon.
Message 1 of 101
latest reply
100 REPLIES 100

Re: OCTOBER, NOVEMBER, DECEMBER ... CHAT

Hmmmmm..

Not quite sure where mom is supposed to sit to watch a little tv tonite???

DSCN0244.jpg

~~~Sarah~~~There's only ONE bad day when you love an animal
Message 16 of 101
latest reply

Sarah, that is scary.  Thank goodness you saw it before bad things happened.  Loved #5!  Fredi, Hope you can get a few more trips in.  Scifi, glad to hear your mom is doing OK and is on the mend.

Just been trying to get things listed and things set-up for the new camper.  I'll have to fill in all in on what is going on, but when I have the time.

Though the beauty may be in the butterfly, the struggle and growth occur in the cocoon.
Message 17 of 101
latest reply

Actually this is Boji, long time no see.  I tried signing out and back in as Bojibelle but I see it didn't work.

Just stopped in to let you old timers know about the loss to poster from years ago.

Linda, AKA, Morning Glorious One, AKA, Legs up Linda,  lost her partner Rob, known here as Solderman.

Rob was her Rock, hope her sons can be her helpmate.

Message 18 of 101
latest reply

Prayers to Linda...I'll be keeping her in my thoughts...

Sigh, no more rides until next spring, most likely...high today is supposed to be 58° and we're not really getting much higher than that in the next 14 days!

On the other hand, it's cooling off, so now I'm thinking fall foods! I have chicken thawing in the fridge for tonite supper, chicken and dumplings 🙂

Hot freight...pays good...Inline's gots ta go...whoop & ride, Honey, whoop & ride...Clark T Berendes 2-5-78 to 7-5-10
Message 19 of 101
latest reply

OMG.  I am so sorry to hear this.  Thank you for letting us know.  My heart is breaking for her.

Message 20 of 101
latest reply

Oh my!!!  What heartbreaking news.  I have often thought of her over the years..wondering how she was doing.  I know a huge part of her is gone now with his passing.  She`ll be in my prayers. 

Message 21 of 101
latest reply

I am sorry to read about the lose of Solderman. I to have also wondered about morningglory. I will be sending thoughts her way.

Message 22 of 101
latest reply

Love seeing these things!

https://historydaily.org/rare-historical-photos-reveal-more-than-immediately-meets-the-eye/68?utm_so...

Message 23 of 101
latest reply

Found a new biscuit recipe & boy are they ever good!!!!! Rise so high & sooo very tender!!!

DSCN0328.jpg

2 cups self rising flour

2 tsp sugar (ya don`t taste it at all)

6 TBSP COLD butter

3/4 cup cold Buttermilk  (can add a bit more if dough is too dry)

Using a pastry blender..mix the butter into the flour..till incorporated good.  Add the buttermilk, mixing till a nice dough is formed

(I use my food processor doing the butter first..then adding the buttermilk...so much easier & quicker!)

Turn out onto floured work area..begin rolling or patting the dough out..then fold over & repeat.  

Repeat the rolling & folding several times..the dough will become very smooth. 

Roll or pat the dough out to 1/2"  thick & cut out your biscuits..making sure to do a straight cut down..no twisting the cutter! 

Repeat with any dough left as you go, till all is used up

Place in a greased pan (cast iron is best) make sure sides are touching

Bake at 425 for 10-12 minutes. Place under broiler to brown the tops!

Message 24 of 101
latest reply

Recipe sounds wonderful, Sarah, but I'm not a fan of 'kneading' dough lol I would eat them if someone else would make them! LOL

Everything, boat, camper and Jeep are winterized (Jeep just gets the top on lol).

I have two deer in the freezer and one that is deboned and ready to be ground (wasn't just setting up and then cleaning up the grinder for one deer, there are 5 gallon bags of ready to grind in there...maybe more this weekend, fingers crossed anyway)

My chicken and dumplings were excellent!  I saved the leftovers to have for the following Sunday supper, and the power went out, was out for almost 6 hours. The Plumber and I ended up taking the pan to my moms (she was out of town) and reheating it on her gas stove. It sorta made me re-think my absolute hatred of gas stoves...I said sorta...I am deathly afraid they are going to blow up in my face...so no gas stoves at my house. Our pellet grill uses electric, so couldn't use that and our brand new gas grill...had no gas bottle and we couldn't go buy one because no power! LOL

We are for sure in fall now, and on our way to winter and I read where gas prices were going to go up so our heating bills would be higher. Ugh. Just what I need, lol. I'm thinking I'm gonna have to get Peanut some more clothes lol

Hot freight...pays good...Inline's gots ta go...whoop & ride, Honey, whoop & ride...Clark T Berendes 2-5-78 to 7-5-10
Message 25 of 101
latest reply

Hiya , fredi!  Sounds like you`re getting all set for the yucky winter!   Maybe the experts that have predicted a mild one, will be correct this time!

I think I`m gonna go ahead & buy one of those small table top Coleman or Gas One single burners..just to have in case power does go out.  

I have a small tabletop grill along with a reg size grill..both charcoal..but I want something that will do for quick heat & eat as that`s all my canned goods need. And I have a camping coffee pot already. 

I just keep putting off getting the burner for some weird reason  LOL

Message 26 of 101
latest reply

Well this day didn`t start off good!  MY puter tower will not turn on...I`ve done everything I have  read online to try..so I`m guessing is either the power button itself..or something with the tower.  If it`s the power button itself...after watching a how to online..ain`t no way am comfortable trying that! 

Fortunately I can access T`s puter to get here to do any Ebay stuff I need. (Is one reason I`ve told him to quit messing where he has no business being with stuff) 

If I have to buy a new puter..I don`t have a clue how to transfer stuff from the old.  I do have an external hardrive I`ve used since getting my pc years ago when I was running Vista...BUT..my pc has been rebuilt since then when I needed to upgrade to Windows 7  & he totally rebuilt my pc...giving me TONS of space  lol  Unfortunately he is no longer in the biz  and we have nobody here to work on them.

As far as all my files, & music, etc..that`s backed up on the external..so I should be able to save all that ok..it`s any other stuff I`d have to load or add..I  don`t have a clue on how to do!!

Anybody have a kid they can loan me??  I can`t pay much..but they`ll be well fed!  

Ready to bawl my eyes out right now..😿

Message 27 of 101
latest reply

@1940fc 

😟

Are you using a power bar? Is there power to it or the outlet you are using?

Message 28 of 101
latest reply

Fredi, sounds like you are ready for winter......yuck!  The thought of it gives me shivers.

Sarah, sorry to hear about your computer.  My tower kept giving me the "red screen of death".  So I broke down and bought a new laptop, in anticipation of getting the 5th wheel.  Took me two days to get things transferred and set-up.  Isn't there anyone around that could take a look at it?

Message 29 of 101
latest reply

Yepper, ocn, I have it plugged into a power pack battery, so that was first thing I did, a direct plug into wall outlet. I have a green light on the back..so def gettin juice ok. 

I`ve been looking at prices on towers (I`m an HP gal  lol)  what I don`t want is Win 11.  Gonna be bad enough to go from 7 to 10..but thtat`s what T has so at least am familiar with it.  

My main concern is getting all my stuff into a new one (never having done it before)..but if I can get the main stuff..I`ll work as I go.  But I`ll hold off buying anything at all till I hear from stepson.  He might have a spare one layin around  lol

I feel like such a baby over tech stuff.

Message 30 of 101
latest reply