cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help with unsigned pieces

Hello, all!  I recently received these pieces in an estate lot I bought.  The seller included the name of the makers with some of them, but I'm not sure I agree with what they are telling me.  If anyone could give their thoughts I would appreciate it!  

The first necklace they say is unsigned Regency.  The set below it they say is unsigned Hattie Carnegie.  The rivoli rhinestone earrings are labeled unsigned Schreiner.  The last pair of purple earrings are labeled unsigned Weiss.  I would love to know what everyone thinks (for or against what the seller says!)  Thank you so much and hope everyone had wonderful holidays!   IMG_2656.jpgIMG_2657.jpgIMG_2471.jpgIMG_2475.jpgIMG_2562.jpgIMG_2565.jpgIMG_2566.jpgIMG_2568.jpg

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

Beautiful pieces !  It certainly is possible,  but I wouldn’t list them as such until you confirm.   The best way to go about that is to look for signed matching pieces.  Often times these beauties came in sets and only one piece was signed.  

Mermaid 🐠

Message 2 of 9
latest reply

Agree!  I've been looking for all of them for days online and can't find anything similar.  Thank you so much for the reply!

Message 3 of 9
latest reply

I remember the Grandson of Schreiner ( Yes he is a member here 😊 )   mentioning that his Mom started setting the rhinestones upside down.   So I know Schreiner used rivioli rhinestones.  Off to search that one first.  

Message 4 of 9
latest reply

I`m leaning toward the purple earrings being Regency instead of Weiss. 

~~~Sarah~~~There's only ONE bad day when you love an animal
Message 5 of 9
latest reply

Check this Regency set out on Morning Glory..not saying yours is part of this set, as it has marquis & yours doesn`t  but  I`d definitely search Regency for them 

~~~Sarah~~~There's only ONE bad day when you love an animal
Message 6 of 9
latest reply

Since your seller identified them, maybe ask them who and where they came up with their idenifications.  I know when I attribute an unsigned piece to a specific designer I can name or show my source.  So maybe they can help.

Though the beauty may be in the butterfly, the struggle and growth occur in the cocoon.
Message 7 of 9
latest reply

That's very similar for sure!  Thank you so very much for taking the time to look into it.   I really appreciate it!

Message 8 of 9
latest reply

I wholeheartedly agree with Sandy…the seller should be able to cite their source for attribution!  

FWIW, my gut feel is that the first necklace is not that of any well-known designer — just based on construction — and that it is a much newer piece.  The rivoli earrings are tricky, as one of the clips has been replaced. 

Message 9 of 9
latest reply