cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Joaquin

I sincerely hope anyone in the line of this storm will be safe.

Looks like Sarah is going to get a lot of rain.

Marie, are you in the line of this storm?

Hope everyone can check in with us.

TEX
Message 1 of 77
latest reply
76 REPLIES 76

Re: Joaquin

Water levels seemed to have drained down a bit , which I am thankful for , since I believe this is the calm before the final storm . We have heard it's going to pick up around 1:00 A.M. again .

Watching Fast and Furious 7 with my sweetheart . It's action packed and exciting . So sad about Paul Walker . Such a cutie . What a shame . 

Mermaid ️ 

Message 61 of 77
latest reply

http://www.wltx.com/

Go down to almost the bottom of the page for photos sent in to station..simply unbelievable 

~~~Sarah~~~There's only ONE bad day when you love an animal
Message 62 of 77
latest reply

Sarah , 

I looked at the pictures just awful . I have also been watching footage from all over the the state online . Looks like you guys got hit the hardest . Some other areas got hit bad , Charleston , Mt. pleasant , Georgetown , Little River , North Myrtle Beach etc . But it is unbelievable what has happened in your community . Im so sorry . The video of the Title Max Building is shocking. I am so glad you live on the outskirts of town . How is your immediate area doing ? 

Dana

Message 63 of 77
latest reply

Shocking pictures, Sarah. I would think the states affected will get all the help they need quickly.

TEX
Message 64 of 77
latest reply

"ROLL CALL",,,please check in everyone !! so we know you are all ok..

Mermaid, so glad the water receeded and you did not have to get that beautiful tail wet 🙂  

Those pictures just make ya wanna cry. 

You can't fix crazy but you sure can document it.
Message 65 of 77
latest reply

vernon1959 wrote:
agreed evelyb-I 'feel" it in my bones (RA) where 'bouts in CT are you? I'm in East Haven (on the shore)
Bloomfield - just north of Hartford.  I've been in East Haven before, but it's been a while. 

Been thru Bloomfield, never actually "been" there 🙂 Well then hello neighbor 🙂 CT is so small.

Wouldn't it be funny if we've seen each other at auctions and never realized itSmiley LOL 

Message 66 of 77
latest reply

WHOA ! Las night was definitely the worst of it for my area . The rain started early around 8:00 and did not stop the whole night . Our neighborhood roads look like rivers . R just went to check on his momma who lives closer to the ocean . He is taking her some water and seeing if she needs to go to the grocery since she drives a Small Kia and he drives a Ram truck . I told him not to go the back roads , they are probably flooded ! 

Here is is a shot of the road in front of my house to give you an idea . We are about 5 minutes from the beach . 

Mermaid ️ 

Message 67 of 77
latest reply

Hope everyones staying safe-I just heard on the radio, they're talking several more inches of rain for the hardest hit areasSmiley Sad  

Message 68 of 77
latest reply

Prayers for you guys in the flood areas...

I know how that is for sure. My BFF lives right on the river, and I'm 4/5 miles from her...on top of one big asp hill, but we've seen it flash flood like that...somewhat...

prayers the rain stops soon!

Hot freight...pays good...Inline's gots ta go...whoop & ride, Honey, whoop & ride...Clark T Berendes 2-5-78 to 7-5-10
Message 69 of 77
latest reply

Anyone hear from ms. Sarah???? Email's won't go through,,maybe power is out?? I'm worried 😞

Dang Mermaid sorry for all that water, hope it stayed away from the house.

Sending prayers n makin mojo.....

You can't fix crazy but you sure can document it.
Message 70 of 77
latest reply

Hello everyone , 

Thanks for all the prayers and well wishes . It did not rain as much as we were thinking last night . We are so very thankful . Water levels are sinking back down , we can see the roads in our neighborhood now .

Weather forecast are actually calling for lots of sunshine starting tomorrow and finishing out this week . I really hope they are right . I can not wait to see some sunshine . After this ...we could sure use it .

Here is another shot of the front yard , just to let you see how much better things are ! Again thanks so much for all your concern . I really appreciate it . 

Mermaid ️ 

Message 71 of 77
latest reply

The more sunshine you get the faster the water will drop!! fingers crossed you get lots and lots and lots of sunshine!!!

Hot freight...pays good...Inline's gots ta go...whoop & ride, Honey, whoop & ride...Clark T Berendes 2-5-78 to 7-5-10
Message 72 of 77
latest reply

Morning! All is well here in our town..can`t say the same for Columbia tho..it is far from over there as several dams have been breached & flood waters are still rising & people are still being evactuated in areas

But yes..sun is shining & guess I will clean up the yard tomorrow as T had to take a day off since he was called in Sun to work..company refuses to allow overtime which I think stinks...esp in case of emergencies. So he can help!  LOl 

~~~Sarah~~~There's only ONE bad day when you love an animal
Message 73 of 77
latest reply

Got to and home from CT safely, though the drive down Friday was a bit hairy! I had to work all day yesterday so this is the first time I have had a chance to check in.

HOLY MOLY!!! Some of those photos are frightening! Has everyone checked in? I think I saw everyone heart

Message 74 of 77
latest reply

Well, I've been away for a long time!  I started listing a few things and came here to consider asking a question or two, and started reading this thread.  Wow!  I knew S Carolina was in trouble, but this made it more real for me to imagine.  Names I remember well are truly going to be affected by Joaquin for some time to come.  I am really sorry for all these troubles, and thankful you made it thru without harm! 

Message 75 of 77
latest reply