cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Joaquin

I sincerely hope anyone in the line of this storm will be safe.

Looks like Sarah is going to get a lot of rain.

Marie, are you in the line of this storm?

Hope everyone can check in with us.

TEX
Message 1 of 77
latest reply
76 REPLIES 76

Re: Joaquin

Wow! I came to the Group to check in on how those of you in the Wet Zone were faring - really does look scarey, but glad to see that so far you're all fine.

The pics really bring home just how bad this is - Mermaid's yard disappearing, with water pooling up even on high ground areas, and Sarah - on one of your pictures it looks like a firehose has been turned on and is running water down from your roof, I suppose that is from your gutters?

'

Thank you, Tex, for starting this thread to keep tabs on everyone in harms way.

Message 46 of 77
latest reply

@goaldeelocks wrote:

Wow! I came to the Group to check in on how those of you in the Wet Zone were faring - really does look scarey, but glad to see that so far you're all fine.

The pics really bring home just how bad this is - Mermaid's yard disappearing, with water pooling up even on high ground areas, and Sarah - on one of your pictures it looks like a firehose has been turned on and is running water down from your roof, I suppose that is from your gutters?

'

Thank you, Tex, for starting this thread to keep tabs on everyone in harms way.

Yepper and a clean gutter at that!  Lol Cleaned em myself! 

~~~Sarah~~~There's only ONE bad day when you love an animal
Message 47 of 77
latest reply

Man, that's some serious flooding!  Hope the rain stops for you guys soon.  Not fun to watch water pool up around your home!  Keeping you in my thoughts...

I'm not a hoarder! There's a price tag on everything!
Message 48 of 77
latest reply

I know we are crazy , but we just ran to the grocery store and I wanted to share this picture of one of the other streets in my neighborhood . This is right around the corner from my house . 

Mermaid ️ 

Message 49 of 77
latest reply

Yes, Mermaid, that DOES sound crazy (going out in this). But since you did, thanks for sharing the photo.

Seriously - stay safe!!!

Where I live (Southern Calif, southeast corner of Long Beach), we have had a few instances of flooding, am in a Flood Plain between two rivers and a few blocks from the ocean. Used to be wetlands area so is very low ground and are required to have flood insurance if you have a mortgage. If we get a lot of rain and especially if that happens coincident to high tides or storm surge, the streets flood - to the point of being able to kayak in the middle of the street. I have floor furnaces - one of them fills with water sometimes (definitely not a good thing, and then is no heat)

Message 50 of 77
latest reply

Diane , 

Yes I know exactly what you mean . I have spent most of my life renting very close to the beach and the last 10 years right on the inlet ( wetlands ) which is very low ( close to sea level ) . We locals actually refer to the whole area as the Low Country . So your stories of  kayaking sound normal to me . 😂 Your floor furnace situation does not sound fun ! 

We just bought this house last year and it s across the highway . I never thought I would live on this side of the highway but I'm thinking maybe it's a good thing . 

I wouldnt dare dare go closer to the ocean ( about 5 min. away ) today but as soon as the rains stop I might try to get some pictures for y'all ! 

Mermaid

Message 51 of 77
latest reply

Young lady!!  (she says in her most stern voice talking to Dana)   You have been told to stay put & not venture out! Shamey shamey!  Cat Wink

And here is one reason why..ya just never know! 

Glad you stayed safe tho..bad girl that you were!  Smiley Very Happy

635795604225566385-Caughman-road-hicks.jpg

Message 52 of 77
latest reply

LoL !  😂 

You are definitely right . I can't argue one bit with you . 

We we saw a break in the rain so we took a chance . Rod was craving a rotisserie chicken and I just made a pot of pasta . That should keep us full for awhile . We will try to stay in but I can't promise anything . 😇 

Mermaid

Message 53 of 77
latest reply

They are now putting mandatory curfews on  in Columbia  & other areas beginning at 6pm 

Roads are crumbling  & breaking all over the place Cat Sad

Everyone stay safe. Be glad when T gets home shortly. The photos people are beginning to send in to tv station are shocking

Message 54 of 77
latest reply

Oh no .  I hope T gets home very soon .

Message 55 of 77
latest reply

Sarah , 

I am watching Columbia on the news . Looks like there are several areas where the **bleep** has been breeched . Gov. Haley is saying the water is not safe in areas and could be contaminated . I am watching them pull people and their dogs out of flooded areas . There have already been 3 fatalities in Columbia ! This is getting really bad . Please tell me T is home with you ! 

Mermaid

Message 56 of 77
latest reply

He just got home. Thank God! 

In watching the news & seeing the pics people are sending in..it`s just heartbreaking.  

And I still don`t know about the new shopping center in Columbia with a Marshalls & Pet Smart  just opened..they dont know if animals in store or not.  There was NO indication that the flooding could even happen so they may not have even thought about it..and the flood happened within an hour..the entire place under water..that is where they had to do the rescue  of people that got caught in their cars in a flash. I think 11 or 12 people had to be rescued.

Message 57 of 77
latest reply

@1940fc wrote:

He just got home. Thank God! 

YES, very very good news!

Now, let's hope there are no animals in that pet store!

Message 58 of 77
latest reply

Sarah ,

I feel so much better knowing T is home with you .

Awww I hope the animals are OK if they are in that Pet smart .

Buckle up , and get ready for round 3 cause here it comes ! 

Its starting to pick up here again . Crazy how it's coming in waves . 

Mermaid

Message 59 of 77
latest reply

@vernon1959 wrote:

agreed evelyb-I 'feel" it in my bones (RA) where 'bouts in CT are you? I'm in East Haven (on the shore)

Bloomfield - just north of Hartford.  I've been in East Haven before, but it's been a while. 

She who dies with the most toys still dies; when's the estate sale?
Message 60 of 77
latest reply