cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JUNE is Bustin Out All Over CHAT

Hard to beeelieve it is JUNE already!! Mercy!! Year is nearly half gone!

Anyhoo..welcome to the June chat..come sit a spell..take a load off (your feet OR your mind).  I`ll go fix some lemonade & Sweet Tea of course..with some nice cool water for any T-totalers.

JUNE+IS+BUSTIN+OUT+ALL+OVER.jpg

~~~Sarah~~~There's only ONE bad day when you love an animal
Message 1 of 123
latest reply
122 REPLIES 122

Re: JUNE is Bustin Out All Over CHAT

SO much pain and terror going on...I sure do not like it!

(((((((((((((Den)))))))))))))) Please tell adam his poem is so beautiful! I hope it helps him through this time of pain.

Hello, again, Mel! Good to see you!! Good luck with all the new jewels to sell! 

Rain, so sorry the job fell through...hopefully something comes your way!

And it's raining here...again. I'd like to thank Hurricane Bill for this current rain...he's headed our way and causing this wonderful stuff. Yes, I know i'm in Illinois, but I can clearly track the path of the hurricane up to us. How fun. It's happened before. Of course all we get is the rain! LMAO. I don't know what they call it when the hurricane finally hits land and makes it's way inward...just rain I suppose!

Everyone have a blessed day and an even better weekend! I'm off work tomorrow, for hubby's b'day. We still have no clue what to do, but I figure we'll find something to do! All this rain is making outdoor things not happen. One more benefit this weekend, and then we should be done for awhile. Fingers crossed anyway!

Hot freight...pays good...Inline's gots ta go...whoop & ride, Honey, whoop & ride...Clark T Berendes 2-5-78 to 7-5-10
Message 76 of 123
latest reply

Hi everyone I am so far behind in life. Dont know if I will ever catch up. Have had some good energy and got some good grandson help to get this yard in order. What a mess it becomes when one is not able to do it all.

Day before yesterday my daughter Bev had her "simple bilateral double mastectomy". If you type those words in goodle you can see images of how it is done. I had all these images in my head that she would come out all flat chested and missing everything clear back to the chest wall with nothing but muscle and bones showing. Boy was I wrong. She did very well and is due home this afternoon.  Dr is recommending radiation then hormone therapy. Reconstrction comes later. Whew that was a long day for hubby and I and my sister and my oldest grand daughter. But we got through it. Couldnt wait to get home and throw off my shoes and take my teeth out. lol And of course set in my comfy recliner to thaw out my butt.  My daughter is sure a trooper.  They used the nerve block, positioned on her back with leads into the back that block the nerves to her breast area. They used ultra sound to find the right place. That was rather amazing. Sjhe has needed no other pain meds.
If you get to see the images on google, they make a sort of modified pear shape incision and remove the breat tissue and stuff and then close up the opeing.  Here I had visions they just sliced them off like cutting a tomato. Funny how our minds can work.
 Sorry took so long getting back here, Things get alot slower when you get to almost 70 years old.
I thought of Sarah as well even though I knew she didnt live in Charleston, but wasnt quite sure which direction the shooter was traveling. How very awful and tragic thing to happen.

I will be back soon. I dont like to post and run but gotta run and shut windows there is a rainstorm right now.

Mrs E waves at everyone.

Photobucket
Message 77 of 123
latest reply

Is still in the triple digitd..so tonite`s supper......along with some cheesy ranch bread.  

Bon apetit! 

DSCN7433.JPG

Message 78 of 123
latest reply

Sarah, your chef salads look so yummy!  I've been under a lot of stress lately and that had affected my will power where eating is concerned.  

Adam's poem is a lovely tribute to his friend.

Mrs. E ~ so glad your DD's operation went well and wishing for a complete recovery.

The SC shooting has been all over the news today.  The kid who did it had to have mental problems.  

Rain ~ sorry the potential job didn't work out.  Praying that something will come along that suits you and be best.

Sorry, I just can't remember all the posts but am wishing you all the very best.

Carol

Message 79 of 123
latest reply

wow!
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Go sell crazy someplace else, we're all stocked up here.

As Good as It Gets I absolutely love this movie
Message 80 of 123
latest reply

Hang in there................
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Message 81 of 123
latest reply

Howdy ho everyone!  Boy..sure is quiet quiet here right now  LOl Guess everyone is busy!

Nuttin new shakin here..still hot..gonna be triple digits all this week too. I see some gardens staring to suffer

Bought some corn & beans yesterday at mkt to freeze..so busy time for me too.  Might have enough tomatoes to begin canning later in week . 

Stop in & say hey when ya have a minute.

Message 82 of 123
latest reply

Hot here too!  No rain for a week.

Sis and I spent 4 hours on Thurs boxing up clothes, shoes and purses in my mother's bedroom.  Still have three more double closets and furniture in two bedrooms to do before we can get to the front of the house.  I am thinking I am going to bring the clothes, shoes and purses home and have a yard sale.  Then will donate what doesn't sell to the thrift.

My mom was having a bad day when we stopped by and all she could talk about was wanting to go home.  I feel so guilty about all of this.  Again, she had her things packed in a pillow case and got mad when we refused to take them.  Please keep us in your prayers that God will work things out for the best.

Where is everyone?  Does Belle still come on?  She always has such great knowledge.  Miss all the old chatters.

Message 83 of 123
latest reply

Peach,

I cried reading about your mom wanting to go home so badly.

I wish there was a way for her to go home.

I'll pray for your dear mom.

TEX
Message 84 of 123
latest reply

DSCN7480.JPG

Thoughts & prayers are with you Peach..I know what you are going thru. Cat Sad

Just finished my corn..32 ears all ready for freezer.

I`ll tell you..if you do any food preserving or just buy in bulk..you really must get yourself a Food Saver.  I LOVE it!!  Gonna save sooooooooo much space in freezer &  no more freezer burn!! 

Message 85 of 123
latest reply

Hi all,

I'm sorry I haven't been around much.  Just haven't really got back into the swing of things.  it is hot and so rainy and sultry here right now, I just don't feel much like doing much.

I do read and am keeping up, just not able to concentrate long enough to comment.  So please know that I am not ignoring you all.  I'm still here, just staying in the background for now.

sending good mojo to those that need it.  Hope you all understand.

Though the beauty may be in the butterfly, the struggle and growth occur in the cocoon.
Message 86 of 123
latest reply

Perfectly understandable Sandy,,,just pop in when ya feel like it heart

Message 87 of 123
latest reply

We went inner tubing down a lazy river Was so refreshing and fun! Hope everyone's Father's Day was good!

Message 88 of 123
latest reply

Are they precooked and then frozen?

Message 89 of 123
latest reply

Corn is blanched  in boiling water for 5-6 minutes..cooled immediately in cold water..vacummed sealed & frozen. Then just steam for a few minutes when ready to eat.  First time I have used my sealer for this..normally I blanch, cool, wrap individually in saran wrap then fill 2gal freezer bag.  Vaccum sealed corn good for 2-3 years in freezer (like it will last that long  LOL) 

Air is the big culprit in freezer burn

Message 90 of 123
latest reply