cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JULY - AUGUST - SEPTEMBER CHAT

July-Aug_Sept.jpg

Sorry I'm a little late, but the gate is open, so come on into our garden of friends, and fellow collectors and chat awhile. 

Though the beauty may be in the butterfly, the struggle and growth occur in the cocoon.
Message 1 of 34
latest reply
33 REPLIES 33

Re: JULY - AUGUST - SEPTEMBER CHAT

LETTUCE??????

What lettuce???

All I see is a comfy place to nap!!

DSCN9671-Edited.jpg

~~~Sarah~~~There's only ONE bad day when you love an animal
Message 16 of 34
latest reply

Comfort at it's best.  LMAO

Though the beauty may be in the butterfly, the struggle and growth occur in the cocoon.
Message 17 of 34
latest reply

Well.. my set up worked just fine! 

And I found a spice combination I really like..so made 9 lbs of sausage today (Boston Butts were on sale for 99lb  lol) 

DSCN9690-Edited.jpg

DSCN9691-Edited.jpg
Message 18 of 34
latest reply

Yummmmmmmmm!  Like the set-up.  Looks like it worked out well for you.  Congrats.

Message 19 of 34
latest reply

Today`s canning.....27 pints of chicken..was almost an all day project..would have gone faster if I`d have cut it up yesterday..but  it needed 1 more night`s thaw in the fridge. 

But anyhoo..back in good stock on it now!  😀  My canning list is shrinking!

DSCN9755-Edited.jpg
Message 20 of 34
latest reply

Has been a while since I have been here in the chat.  Been busy but think I can slow down a little now.  We are currently in Sarcoxie, Mo.  It's between Springfield and Joplin.  The park is wonderful, lots of room between lots, the bathhouse is gorgeous even has a sauna!  There is a fishing pond, swimming pool, and the weather has been wonderful.

So, when we left Tennessee on our way to Indiana, we had a blow out!  John did a great job of handling the rig.  And we got pulled over but had to wait for the guy to come out and fix it.  Since it we were right on the highway, we figured it was better to have some help rather than try to do the change ourselves.  We had roadside with our insurance, but they had a heck of a time finding anyone to come out due to our location.  Five hours later, a guy showed up.  It took him less than an hour to change it.  There were less than 5000 miles on the tires.

Once we got to Corydon Indiana, I told John we weren't going back on the road with those tires, so we set it up to get new tires.  There was ONLY cosmetic damage to the rig, thank goodness.  Called the insurance guy and they came out and did their thing.  There wasn't a dealer/repair shop near there and although the town of Corydon was full of antique shops, the camping spot left a lot to be desired. 

We checked and found that there was a dealer/repair shop for Forest River in Joplin, twenty miles from where we are now.  The best thing is that with Michelle's mother right here we would have a place to stay while they were working on the RV.  We already checked in with the dealership and they are ordering the parts.  If the horror stories are true about the time frames to get parts and get the work done are true, we are in the best place to wait it out.  Besides, there are some great shops around here.  I found some great pieces already.

I get along great with Michelle's mother who is only 30 miles away and we love playing tri-ominos, skip-o, and a few more games.  So, between enjoying the campground, shopping the little towns around here, and playing games ... I'm a happy camper!

Message 21 of 34
latest reply

Good to hear from you, Sandy. I was wondering where you were 'roosting' at present time.  That`s scary on the blowout!  Gladd all worked out as well as it did.

Nice that you are in a good holding place till things get fixed!You can soothe  yourself with shopping. 😉  Hope you find some goodies!

All has been quiet round here...so you haven`t missed much!

Ya`ll stay safe & enjoy your visit..I take it you`re working your way back home. 

I have made my 'snow' prediction for  my area.  We will definitely have at least one decent snowfall. I have to take a broom with me waving it out in front of me to knock down the webs.  I almost ran smack dab into one with it`s 'owner in the middle'   in the garden couple weeks ago.

They are webbing everywhere..last time I dealt with this was 2013/14 (?)  when we had a 6" snowfall. Highly unusual for us.  So..that`s my prediction..just so it`s snow & not an ice storm  LOL 

Happy shopping!

Message 22 of 34
latest reply

The plan is to winter in Texas around the Killeen area.  That of course will depend on how soon we can get the rig fixed.

Your experience reminded me of that old song ... I Don't Like Spiders and Snakes.  LOL

Message 23 of 34
latest reply

I can deal with snakes (non poisonous)   but spiders...no way! !! 

Altho I do have one of those colorful garden spiders that has made herself at home in a front shrub..I don`t have the heart to tear her down.  And no place close enough to move her 'quick enough' that she wouldn`t climb the broom before I could get her re-homed.  😨

LOL  I ain`t THAT brave! 

Message 24 of 34
latest reply

LOL, I can just see it now.

Message 25 of 34
latest reply

OMFG.  It was a journey just to find this board again.  You can't get here from ebay.  I had to dig out an old mobile link.  I wasn't really looking for jewelry, but you're all some of the most astute ebay people I know so I'm hoping someone can point me in the right direction.  

i have a pair of pre-owned "luxury" Italian loafers with no size on the shoe, none, nada, nowhere.  I'm trying to figure out how to size them.  I can't find a shoe board if it exists.  Does anyone know if there is an ebay users board group for shoes?  Or does anyone happen to know how to size unmarked shoes?

When I gave up drinking I forgot to take selling on ebay in mind.  I may have to rethink that.

Message 26 of 34
latest reply

Hey there, stranger!  Good to see you back her..yepper..things have changed. 

Bookmark us so ya don`t lose us again!  

Found this older thread..haven`t rread thru it..but it`s a start

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Selling/Tips-Tools-for-Sizing-Unmarked-Shoes-or-Boots/td-p/28714169

Message 27 of 34
latest reply

Hope everyone is safe this morning.  Looks like it was a bad storm.

We are in Sarcoxie, Mo.  Ths place is wonderful.  We found an RV repair place in Joplin for the RV and are working with the insurance company.  

The original plan was to stay here until the middle of Oct so we could be here for the fall foliage.  Then we were going to spend winter in Texas.  But, because this is a great place and we are close to Michelle's mother and we will be staying here for the winter.  Besides there are tons of antique stores and malls in this area.  🥰

Message 28 of 34
latest reply

Sandy, sounds like a great plan for 'winter'. ❄️

Happy hunting!

Message 29 of 34
latest reply

GOOSEBUMPS!!

America The Beautiful

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MZ_F7bMV0kc