cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Holiday Helpers Sign Up Thread

Holiday Helpers Sign Up Thread

Who: Anyone and Everyone!

Where: Anywhere in the world!

What: Donating time, energy and/or resources.

Why: To assist fellow humans and animals in need.

When: From now to infinity!

(But we'll have a “reveal party” December 19, pictures/reflections optional.)

Message 1 of 56
latest reply
55 REPLIES 55

Re: Holiday Helpers Sign Up Thread

W and I made a donation to an animal shelter in Urbana IL in memory of a close friend's granddaughter who died tragically about a month ago. She volunteered frequently there as well as the local Human Society. Cats were her favorite animal at the shelters.  Probably will choose something closer to home next time but this particular thing needed doing. No one should lose a grandchild at age 16.

A.

Message 16 of 56
latest reply

Hi all and Happy Holidays. I would like to join in. My husband and I donate to several Chicago pet shelters each year and I never pass a bell ringer without donating something, whatever change or a few bucks I have on me at the time. Just yesterday I helped find the rightful owner of a dog running loose in the neighborhood. He had no collar. Thankfully his owner put a message on the neighborhood email thread. I made her show me a picture of her with the dog before I gave out the spot to pick him up. Here he is, such a love bug. He's a  Malanois. Can't be too careful about that these days. But he's home and she's having the fence fixed soon! Thanks for the help you're all providing to our fellow citizens and pets, so badly needed. Take care!

Kathy

Message 17 of 56
latest reply

No stray doggies for me yesterday, but I did fix a stray headlight.  Someone left theirs on in a CVS parking lot - someone with a handicapped tag like me.  I drove past once on my way out of the lot and drove right back around.  I just couldn't do it.  The store clerk was busy and didn't put anything over the speaker system the way they should have, and the person with the headlights wasn't in the front of the store.

Out I went, having at least tried.  ...OK idjut, before going back to your car, try the door handle on theirs.  It wasn't locked.  Problem solved.   

She who dies with the most toys still dies; when's the estate sale?
Message 18 of 56
latest reply

Smiley Very Happy @evelyb30 !

I'm not a hoarder! There's a price tag on everything!
Message 19 of 56
latest reply

Clear,  

I see your Holiday Helpers thread is inspiring us.  Yayyyyyy !  Hmmmm now that I’m back,  I need to figure out something better to accomplish.  

Mermaid 🐳

Message 20 of 56
latest reply

Hmmmmmmm  wonder if there is such a thing as PRE-Redeeming oneself???? 

Worth a shot!

good deeds 1.png

~~~Sarah~~~There's only ONE bad day when you love an animal
Message 21 of 56
latest reply

Keeping the "list" updated-but open to all who'd like to post on reveal day!

flipping_treasures

arlene_v

scifidaughter64

dream*peddler

gauntlettgems

thirry

bojibelle

clearsphere

theshoppingmom2

bat197

evelyb30

k8closet3

southernmermaid8

Message 22 of 56
latest reply

Congratulations Dream on a good auction end for St Jude!  Yayyyyyy  What a great cause,  and a great person!    GoDreamGoooooooo 😍

Mermaid 🐳

Message 23 of 56
latest reply

Thanks, mermaid!  I was happy with the outcome.  A win for St. Jude's Smiley Happy!

Message 24 of 56
latest reply

I can't see the auction details because I'm in Canada, but I would love to see it, could you post a link, please?

Message 25 of 56
latest reply

I'll be glad to, arlene, but the reveal party is December 19th so I'll wait until then Smiley Happy.

Message 26 of 56
latest reply

Dream, thanks, that makes a lot of sense and for some reason I didn't think it through when I asked for a link. 

I am looking forward to the reveal party! 

Message 27 of 56
latest reply

Oh, that's really alright, arlene.  This is our first year to do this and we're just feeling our way along.  mermaid congratulated me because she was one of the bidders and hung on 'til almost the end when another buyer swooped in.  Thank you, mermaid!  It was fun to watch and a win for St. Jude's!

Message 28 of 56
latest reply

scout-elves-at-play-2.jpg

Message 29 of 56
latest reply

Whatchu  shakin your head for???

I AM too doing a good deed!!!!!! 

This is the way I get all the lumps out & you can bake better cookies! 

sift.jpg

~~~Sarah~~~There's only ONE bad day when you love an animal
Message 30 of 56
latest reply