cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Era, age of 14K ring

I do stop in to read the board every couple of months! I have no idea, why I don't have time to get here more often.

I was wondering if anyone knew what era/time period this 14K yellow gold ring would be from. It's a tiny 2 1/4" size ring, must have been worn as a pinky, but it's 1" long.

Any help would be appreciated.

Di

PS, I hope the picture isn't too large or too small.

Message 1 of 10
latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

Era, age of 14K ring

All I can tell you is that I have a diamond pinky ring that has diamonds set like yours and it is circa 1930s....kind of an Art Deco - retro transition. I love yours!
Tomorrow's another day.Tomorrow's another day.
Message 2 of 10
latest reply

Era, age of 14K ring

Thank you very much! I appreciate your help. I've had this for about 10 years, always planned on having it sized a little bigger to fit my pinky. But I never got around to it & it's time to start weeding out. I'm a bit of a hoarder!

Thanks again

Di

Message 3 of 10
latest reply

Era, age of 14K ring

At that size it has to be pretty old. 1930s is probably dead on. If all else fails, string a cord through it and wear it as a pendant?

She who dies with the most toys still dies; when's the estate sale?
Message 4 of 10
latest reply

Era, age of 14K ring

I see more Art Nouveau in the design.  Can you tell what the cut of the diamonds is?

photo 0bd055e0-f76a-4f06-b6fc-f8dfa2c4abf8.jpgisn't sanity really just a one-trick pony anyway? I mean all you get is one trick, rational thinking, but when you're good and crazy, oooh, oooh, oooh, the sky is the limit
Message 5 of 10
latest reply

Era, age of 14K ring

I've found this page very helpful:

http://www.gia.edu/gia-news-research-round-brilliant-cut-diamond-pay

photo 0bd055e0-f76a-4f06-b6fc-f8dfa2c4abf8.jpgisn't sanity really just a one-trick pony anyway? I mean all you get is one trick, rational thinking, but when you're good and crazy, oooh, oooh, oooh, the sky is the limit
Message 6 of 10
latest reply

Era, age of 14K ring

It looks like 1920 beautiful ring
Message 7 of 10
latest reply

Era, age of 14K ring

Thank you all for your help! I was able to determine the diamonds are old euro cut stones.

I had thought at first, then second guessed myself. The design seemed right for that era, I wasn't sure the lenght would be correct.

Thank you for diamond site. I hadn't seen that, so I bookmarked it. Really shows the difference in the diamonds.

Again, thank you all for your help. I really appreciate learning from each of you. When I have time read the board, I learn so much!

Di

Message 8 of 10
latest reply

Era, age of 14K ring

that cut suggests older to me.  I have a beautiful art deco era ring and it shows the transitional cuts.  Nothing is set in stone tho, (lol, pun!)

Message 9 of 10
latest reply

Era, age of 14K ring

Thanks Cleio. I think I will list as Art Nouveau. Now I'm off to check out the pearl site for type!

Message 10 of 10
latest reply