cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I've had numerous customers message me after a purchase was made to say they didn't buy it

I've had numerous customers message me after a purchase was made to say they didn't buy it.  This has happened way too many times for it to be buyer's remorse.  Also, I sell tile installation products that the common person wouldn't know what it is.

Has anyone else had this happen lately?

Message 1 of 10
latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

I've had numerous customers message me after a purchase was made to say they didn't buy it

If they did not purchase such: then there account was hacked and some one else did,

That is the only way such could be done.

Message 2 of 10
latest reply

How would the buyer know they didn't buy it if they are not in control of their account? Did it get shipped and they received? 

Message 3 of 10
latest reply

That really makes no sense.  Why hack an account and buy tiling supplies?   Why not buy something expensive and easy to sell?

I'd be having a conversation with eBay-someone who can actually help you would be good, not just their customer support lackeys.

Perhaps someone can get in touch with Velvet to help you, because this one is weird.

Good Moms let you lick the Beaters.

Great Moms turn them off first.
Message 4 of 10
latest reply

"Why hack an account and buy tiling supplies?" The OP said "numerous customers message me" so that would have to mean there are more than one person that are doing the buying. 

I see two things that could be done: cancel per customers request or let the 4 days nonpayment run its course and, on the 5th, cancel for nonpayment. In either case, add those names to your blocked buyers list. Letting the 4 days run, then cancel for nonpayment with give those buyers a strike on their account. Two of those would keep them from buying from anyone that has their account set to block 2 nonpayment strikes in one year. Could just be deadbeats that are playing the system so deserve to have the strikes. 

Message 5 of 10
latest reply

Same happened to me 5/30 a couple of hours before midnight. Two sales exact same time. No response from buyers as of yet. 

Message 6 of 10
latest reply

But it doesn't solve the issue.  If the people who are getting the items did not buy them, then what did happen?    This case warrants further review by eBay staff.  Trained eBay staff.

Good Moms let you lick the Beaters.

Great Moms turn them off first.
Message 7 of 10
latest reply

You sold on the 30th.  The buyer has 4 days to pay, but you know that, right?

So it's not the same thing at all, is it?  

Message 8 of 10
latest reply

Resolving unpaid items with buyers | eBay

Unpaid item policy | eBay

eBay has given you the tools to work with, there is nothing gained by contacting CS, they won't do anything for the buyers. There is no way CS would know they did not buy the items. The buyers, if there were multiple hacks, need to read this link.

Get help with a hacked account | eBay

You can send that link to those buyers that say that they didn't go through 2 windows to place the order. 

You can't prove anything from your end, even if they send a message to you that they did not buy, it is a pain, but you are not the one that needs help the buyers, that will need to be them, they need to fix their accounts. 

Message 9 of 10
latest reply

I only sell products when payment is made immediately. I don't give time for people to pay after they purchase material.

Message 10 of 10
latest reply