cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

*** Circa 1900 14k gold 1" Sorority pin/key... University of Denver? ***

I'm a bit out of my league here and would appreciate any help.  What sorority do these letters stand for?  Is it read XAO?  Chi Alpha Omikron?   What is Kedros? The back is marked STARK 14k and with the owners name.  Doing research on the original owner I found out:

She received her Bachelor of Arts and Masters of Arts degrees from Vassar College and studied in Europe at various universities. She received an honorary Doctorate of Literature from the University of Denver in 1914.  She taught English during the 1905-1906 summer interim at the University of Denver and formally joined the university's English faculty in 1907. She taught English literature and served as head of the English Department until her death in 1940.

For some reason it won't let me attach a photo....I'll post this and try again.  Thanks in advance for any help!

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

It's Chi Alpha Theta.  (See that little cross bar in the center of the 0?)   The only references to Kedros I can find are from the 1910s and 1920s and refer to it as a "women's honorary organization" at the University of Denver.   Ah...  Kedros is apparently the University of Denver chapter of Mortar Board.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 3 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

IdaKey1.jpg

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

It's Chi Alpha Theta.  (See that little cross bar in the center of the 0?)   The only references to Kedros I can find are from the 1910s and 1920s and refer to it as a "women's honorary organization" at the University of Denver.   Ah...  Kedros is apparently the University of Denver chapter of Mortar Board.

Message 3 of 3
latest reply